Where to get Color SSC P4s.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I was looking at a green one that is rated for 189 lumens IIRC, but that was at 3.5V and 1.6 Amps, or 6.4 Watts. I had it in mind as an upgrade for my friend's light saber I modded with a green Lux III, but with the boost circuit limited to 750 mA, I don't think I will get much more light out of it with the SSC P4.

It seems the main advantage of the SSC P4 is it's thermal management, allowing the LED to run at higher currents. Vf is comparable and the LED has about the same efficiency as far as I can tell.

They are for sale at Mouser. The linked page has links to datasheets for each of the products, so you can check them out yourself.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Seoul uses the Cree EZbright1000 die. That's why it's so bright. Until Cree releases the die in other colors, no one will have super bright colored LEDs. Or someone could just use the blue die without phosphor and have a super bright blue...

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
The Seoul uses the Cree EZbright1000 die. That's why it's so bright. Until Cree releases the die in other colors, no one will have super bright colored LEDs. Or someone could just use the blue die without phosphor and have a super bright blue...
Honestly at this point, I think using that blue LED to pump a phosphor with a green filter would actually be a fair bit more efficient than any of the green emitters on the market. Filtering a stock cree/seoul can probably match that green emitter for lumens per watt.