• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing FM11 & FM85

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
FM11FM85003.jpg

FM11FM85004.jpg

Hi folks,
After entering Lithium ion C cells to market, demand of 2C and 3C will be greater than ever.
Why spend lot of time and effort to modify and upgrade a M*g with ceramic socket, aluminum cammed or camless reflector, Boro lens, knerelated bezel, switch resistance, extension tube or deep tail caps and ....
I have designed, made and tested these flashlights with 100% satisfaction.
Flashlight bodies are made of 5 major parts:
1-Switch housing which is mid section of flashlight and accomodates positive clickie switch, gold plated bi-pin ceramic socket and charging device.
2- Head with many deeper fins and accomodates camless FM reflector.
3- Knerelated bezel which holds easy to find 52.1mm Boro lens.
4- Battery barrel of 2C or 3C which is removeable from switch housing.
5- Tail cap which pushes batteries and makes electrical connection.
All body patrs have been highly polished and chrome plated for maximum protection and ultimate look.
Throughout of flashlights have O'rings for water resistance.
All flashlights come with installed reflector (VLOP or MOP), Boro lens, bulb (WA1111 or WA1185) and male charging plug.
Simply install your lithium ion "C" batteries and switch it on.
Charging is extremely simple using your lithium ion charger without needs of removing from flashlight or use of any magnet.
Price will be $220 for 2C and $230 for 3C
Please do not pay at this time.
These products will be ready within few weeks.
Any question or comment welcome and appreciated. :thumbsup:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy cow. Put me on the list for at least one. Probably an FM11 since I already have a Mag85.

Question. you mention the Bi-pin socket adapter so I assume you're using switch internals from a Mag or some other light that uses standard PR base bulbs? Meaning that, in a crunch we could load a standard PR bulb in with 1.5 or 1.2v cells?

Also, Is this head 2"? It looks that way but i cannot tell for sure.

Lastly. After looking back into the Li-ion C cells it looks like they'll be slightly longer than normal sized C cells. Has this been taken into account?

Shane

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
If these take into account AW's 'longer' li-ion C cells count me in. Also, are the heads threaded similar to a standard Mag? (Meaning could I drop in one of Jonathan's heatsinks if I so desired?)

-DF

EDIT: Thanks FM. 3C for me, please.

:broke::sigh:

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
FM - please put me down for a 2C if it has been sized to work with AW's new "longer than we thought it would be" cell? Thanks.

Kirk

EDIT: Just rethinking my post and noticed that you mention that the battery tubes are removable from the switch end. That being the case, what are the chances that we might be able to purchase an extra body? I would like to have the option of going with a single cell - either 1x 18650 or AW's C.

EDIT II: FM - :rock:I read your responses below. 2C it is for me. Thanks. Kirk

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hallis said:
Question. you mention the Bi-pin socket adapter so I assume you're using switch internals from a Mag or some other light that uses standard PR base bulbs? Meaning that, in a crunch we could load a standard PR bulb in with 1.5 or 1.2v cells?
Actualy, I am using MC switch insert without focusing tower for minimal resistance and higher quality.

Hallis said:
Also, Is this head 2"? It looks that way but i cannot tell for sure.
Yes, head is 2" and bezel, lens and reflector can be used in M*g.

Hallis said:
Lastly. After looking back into the Li-ion C cells it looks like they'll be slightly longer than normal sized C cells. Has this been taken into account?
Shane
Size of each "C cell is calculated for 53.5mm and this is according to AW's latest update. Another word, no extension needed.
DFiorentino said:
are the heads threaded similar to a standard Mag? (Meaning could I drop in one of Jonathan's heatsinks if I so desired?)
-DF
No,
Thread and size of head is not same as M*g "C" or "D"
These are designed for hotwires only.

Mirage_Man said:
N I C E ! ! Me likey. Will there be a 1C version as well?
Not a big deal. Since battery barrel is removeable from switch housing, it is possible to make 1C, 3x18650, 5x14670, 8AA. 12AA and....

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Amazing! Stunning...I have to say this really does look like a lightsaber.

paulsl

Enlightened
Looks fantastic. I would love a 3C. For a newbie like me what will run times be approx with the longer running packs or batteries?

Thx.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
paulsl said:
Looks fantastic. I would love a 3C. For a newbie like me what will run times be approx with the longer running packs or batteries?

Thx.

That depends on the bulb you're running and the specific cells. Are you talking about the standard Wa1185 bulb and 3 of AW's protected C 3300Mah cells? If so you should get between 55 minutes to an hour or so of runtime per charge.

Bi-Pin WA 01185: 9.6v 3.15a @ spec (817 b-lumens) / 10.8v (1234 b-lumens)

Shane