• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Need ASAP: LED with Knockout throw!!!

musherbryan

Newly Enlightened
Hey I have a race the first weekend of April and need a replacement for my LED (tried my own mod without desired preformance). Looking for the longest throw possible whether it by factory or Mod. Hand held or head light are both options. standard batteries or able to easily be modded for D,C,AA, etc.

PM or phone me. Looking for quick turnaround!!!

musherbryan
907-350-4363 (alaska standard time)

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the LumaPower M1.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m1.htm

musherbryan said:
Hey I have a race the first weekend of April and need a replacement for my LED (tried my own mod without desired preformance). Looking for the longest throw possible whether it by factory or Mod. Hand held or head light are both options. standard batteries or able to easily be modded for D,C,AA, etc.

PM or phone me. Looking for quick turnaround!!!

musherbryan
907-350-4363 (alaska standard time)

photorob

Enlightened
A regular mag Led modded with a soul should give you decent throw with a decent price tag. What kind of race are we talking about here. The best led throw you will probably find will come from a surefire turbo head with a soul tower. You could also try a pelican with the recoil system. As for headlamp I think the PT EOS has some pretty decent throw for a headlamp.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a Mag host with a single LED will throw farther than one of the LED tower modules for the Surefire turboheads....that Mag above my post looks interesting, and it isn't priced all that bad either.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went for a walk tonight and was spotting things well over 100 yards with my ultrafire C2. It is brighter and has a tighter spot than my d-mini.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want max throw with no regards to any spill, then check out mac's aspherical mag mod with cree xre... :D

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of race are ya talking about?

I think an HDS w/ SSC and sanded down reflector gives some pretty serious throw - though of course not like a Mag mod.

martonic

Enlightened
woodrow said:
I went for a walk tonight and was spotting things well over 100 yards with my ultrafire C2. It is brighter and has a tighter spot than my d-mini.
P'haps so - but that was D-mini with OP reflector n'est pas?
au.gif

D-mini with smooth reflector throws a lot farther...
buttrock.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 'smaller than full size Mag' lights, I think the Luma M1 Hunter with a smooth reflector is about king of the throw right now.

For about $100 more, the Striker VG with the SSC LED replacement will be a bit better, but I'm not sure by how much. The stock Striker has about the same throw as the M1 so the modded light should have a bit more throw however, the modded Striker looks WILDLY brighter than the stock Striker.

I've never even handled a Striker with teh SSC mod, but from the thread with the beamshots on the house, it looks mighty impressive.