Gerber Infinity Dead Ideas?

luigi

Enlightened
My Red LED Gerber infinity died while I was using it last night, it turned off and won't turn on again. I tried shortening the battery against the body with a piece of body and it doesn't work.
Is there a way to disassemble the light to try to fix it ? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Luigi

flash_bang

Enlightened
um, no offense, but your location says you're in florida. I'd use it for modding or just taking it apart for the heck of it.
have a good one!
Flash

greenLED

Flashaholic
Luigi, did you clean all contacts thoroughly, maybe with some really fine sand paper (or pencil eraser?

If else fails, look for some of robocop's old threads. I believe he modded a couple of those.

stoven

Newly Enlightened
If it's not a short in the tailcap then it might be a short between the light engine and the aluminum body. You can try torquing the head down tighter to see if that fixes it.

If not, you can unscrew the head to check the light engine that should just pop out.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
stoven said:
If it's not a short in the tailcap then it might be a short between the light engine and the aluminum body. You can try torquing the head down tighter to see if that fixes it.

If not, you can unscrew the head to check the light engine that should just pop out.

Does the light engine really just pop out of the Gerber Infinity? I've never tried to take one apart, but with the CMG design, there's quite a bit more to it than simply unscrewing it.

luigi

Enlightened
flash_bang said:
um, no offense, but your location says you're in florida. I'd use it for modding or just taking it apart for the heck of it.
have a good one!
Flash

No offense taken, my location says Florida because I have a mailbox there that I forward, that helps when trading/buying from CPF members.

Luigi

stoven

Newly Enlightened
Use a heat gun or hair dryer to break the loctite. The light engine should just pop out. It might be stuck due to loctite build up but you should be able to pull it out.