clickie for magled 2aa?

Illum

Flashaholic
you need a kroll clickie, im not sure if the sandwich shoppe still has stock for them....the existing spring on the kroll is too short so you'll have to mod it using a longer spring.

AFAIK theres no off the shelf clickie that will fit the tailcap threading and specs for the magled AAs:ohgeez:

jram67

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure about the magled, but I can tell you that I have the Terralux switch on all my minimags and I love it. The quality and finish match the mags perfectly. I know some have used teflon tape or loctite to fix the focus of the head, but I use an oversized o-ring. Replaced the head o-ring with a fatter one from the hardware store and made sure to remove all the lube from inside the head. The dry, oversized o-ring keeps the head from turning. I have to use 2 hands and a rubber jar opening aide in order to turn the head. it definately will not accidentally move on its own.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe so but, as stated above, the spring needs to be longer to make contact. Switches made for regular minimags might fit but unless the spring is long enough to make electrical contact the light won't function.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I just installed the Kroll Clickie on my MagLED and it does screw right on nicely. But as to it working, for some reason it doesn't on mine. Even with the elongated spring, and/or spring with magnets. . .:huh: Maybe I'm not doing something right. :thinking:

Enjoy!

lumenal

Enlightened
I installed one of those Niteize clicky (with momentary) switches that come along with the Niteize MM LED upgrade kit in my 3AA MagLED. I used a pair of needle-nosed pliars to carefully stretch the spring. It works great. The threads match up fine; no problems at all. I like using the light one-handed.

But, these switches are known to be inconsistent. Some work great, others are terrible. Out of the 3 I've purchased, 2 work fine. The other one I returned because it had sloppy threading and a sticky switch.

Of course, as mentioned above, there are better clickys available. But its nice to walk into a local Brick-n-Mortar (Wall*Mart, Target, Sportsmans Warehouse) to pick one up RIGHT NOW, and then be able to return it, if it isn't up to par.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my Terralux, I could not bring myself to stretch the spring, so i thought I would try something else. I removed the longer spring from the end cap of the mag LED, and placed it over the terralux spring ... small end of mag led spring goes on first and seats against terralux base. worked great. On another mag led, the big spring worked better going on big end first. Just try it either way until you get good contact.

myk

Enlightened
I had another CPFer make me some dummy cells the size of an AA but approx 1/4" long - makes my terralux clickie, kroll clickies, and also cheap no name mag clickie all work on all of my MagLEDs

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
Here it is: the terralux clickie on a minimagled 2aa...stretching the spring a little made it work great.
The photo was lit with my new tle-6ex in a 6d mag that came in the same order fom batteryjunction

DSC01992.JPG
DSC01993.JPG

frasera

Newly Enlightened
is the terralux clicky like the niteize? with momentary partial push? is it less loosy goosy than the niteize?

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
jram67 said:
...but I use an oversized o-ring. Replaced the head o-ring with a fatter one from the hardware store and made sure to remove all the lube from inside the head. The dry, oversized o-ring keeps the head from turning. I have to use 2 hands and a rubber jar opening aide in order to turn the head. it definately will not accidentally move on its own.

That's a really great idea.
I'd been wondering about ways to fix the focus on my homemade LED conversion, and your method sounds perfect, especially as the old O ring was getting a little worn.

jram67

Newly Enlightened
uk_caver said:
That's a really great idea.
I'd been wondering about ways to fix the focus on my homemade LED conversion, and your method sounds perfect, especially as the old O ring was getting a little worn.

Yeah, I've been using mine on the job with the oversized o-ring for a couple of months now and it has not moved at all. The terralux switch is going strong too, no problems to date.

DJ Q

Newly Enlightened
frasera said:
is the terralux clicky like the niteize? with momentary partial push? is it less loosy goosy than the niteize?

the picture shows a terralux clickie..i haven't used the niteize...it's a reverse clicky with momentary

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
jram67 said:
Yeah, I've been using mine on the job with the oversized o-ring for a couple of months now and it has not moved at all. The terralux switch is going strong too, no problems to date.
I scrounged a thick O-ring off a friend at the weekend, and it's great.

I've noticed with my Terralux switch that sometimes after turning on, there's the odd bit of flickering, which seems to go away if the switch is played with for a few seconds, so it feels like maybe the contacts are getting slightly dirty/corroded. I do use the torch in damp conditions, but would have thought the switch cover was watertight. Does anyone else have a similar thing happen?