MN61 in M3T??

BD457

Newly Enlightened
I was going to put an MN61 in an M3T with a one cell extention, but I received the bulb and it it's larger that the MN16. What did I do wrong? Isn't the M4 and the M3T the same head? Do I need to buy a new head or reflector Assy?

Sorry, kinda new to the M stuff.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as trying to answer your question....I thought you could run M4 lamps in an M3T head as well. I haven't tried myself, but it *should* work.

You would also get more responses if you put this question in the proper forum. Not trying to be rude, just trying to help you get more answers :)

BD457

Newly Enlightened
Appologies for the wrong forum. I thought I was in the right place. (story of my life)

Where might I put this?

bagman

Enlightened
My understanding is that all the millenium turbo heads i.e. M3T, M4 & M6 are all the same part??

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3T, M4 and M6 all use the same KT4 head. Yes, the MN61 will work with the M3T + cell extender. :)

BD457

Newly Enlightened
Ctechlite said:
So what did you do? :lolsign:

I Looked at the MN61 in the package and said "gee, that's a lot larger than the MN16 I have in the light."

Then I posted here (because I knew I'd get straightened out)

THEN I thought about it and actually pulled out the old bulb and put in the new bulb.

I gotta tell ya, it's hard to admit such total stupid ignorant behaviour. I should get a little credit for that right?

By the way, it works fine. Can't wait to see it tonight. Just for fun of course.

kooter

Enlightened
BD457 said:
I Looked at the MN61 in the package and said "gee, that's a lot larger than the MN16 I have in the light."

Then I posted here (because I knew I'd get straightened out)

THEN I thought about it and actually pulled out the old bulb and put in the new bulb.

I gotta tell ya, it's hard to admit such total stupid ignorant behaviour. I should get a little credit for that right?

By the way, it works fine. Can't wait to see it tonight. Just for fun of course.

Hey. Dont be so hard on yourself, we have all done things like this before. :ohgeez: Well i know i have. :grin2:

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
I just put the MN61 in my 9Z with a cell extender (A19). The beam it produces is very bright and the hotspot is almost a circle. This set up is much more impressive than the MN15 I had in there before.