Is it normal for my Arc LS to have....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansperry

Newly Enlightened
:help: :help: I just bought an ARC LS1 #2640 and the threads inside the head are worn or melted away in a 1/4" section. Is this normal or a defect? The light works fine, battery tube threads fine but I wonder if its still waterproof. I would post a photo but dont know how to upload to the site, Any help would be appreciated. Dan

greenLED

Flashaholic
Wait a second... worn or melted? That doesn't sound right. There's a section of the threads that's missing, which is normal, but melted? I'm not sure. :confused:

Try imageshack.us to upload your pics.

mosport

Enlightened
Sounds like the section of threads that creates a channel up and down the head. Always wondered why it was done that way, perhaps to make installing tabbed NX05, Fraen optics, lenses, delrin retainers easier and quicker during assembly (?).

It's the battery pack o-ring that seals against the flat area underneath the threads inside the head, so your light will still be watertight.

dansperry

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. The reason I described it as melted is because at the bottom of the head, right where the threads are mission is a small section of melted metal. It might be solder holding the board down but maybe its aluminum? Dan

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
dansperry said:
Thanks for the reply. The reason I described it as melted is because at the bottom of the head, right where the threads are mission is a small section of melted metal. It might be solder holding the board down but maybe its aluminum? Dan
Sometimes loctite :)
I'll take a look for ya anyway :)

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the gap in the threads is to allow the tab on the nx-0x type optic to pass thru.
if it was melted during normal use i bet the user would be in a burn ward or dead.
light would not work either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.