My Amilite T5 HOT!

JRNioa

Newly Enlightened
Hi, wondering if it is normal and ok if my Amilite T5 get's quite hot using AW's 3.7 RCR's?

If I am not holding it after about 12 minutes you can pick it up but barely hold it if you squeeze it..then it cools from my hand....any ideas on how this might effect the led life and if this is a problem?

Amilite says that RCR 3.6/3.7 can be used.

By the way if anyone has any questions about the T5 let me know as I'll be happy to answer them....thing is bright!! just wish I knew the actual tested lumens on it as I have no tester.

Thank all!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that's normal. When using 3.7 cells you are overdriving the system and the light goes into direct-drive mode. The fact that it get hot is an indication of its good heatsink, it means the heat is going away from the LED.

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
"If I am not holding it after about 12 minutes you can pick it up but barely hold it if you squeeze it..then it cools from my hand"

So, as long as you are holding the light, your hand "sinks" enough heat so that it dosent get too hot. Mind you, skin has a terrible thermal heat coefficient but it's good enough to keep the light from overheating.

I am about ready to buy a T5, it just looks awesome.