JETBeam C-LE, reviewed images + video

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2,

continued thanks for the reviews you are producing - very nice and helpful!

One question - why do you say the Ultrafire C2 is your personal favorite (among that category of flashlights), when the Eastman U2-style has a slightly higher overall rating (7.6 vs. 7.3)?

TIA

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
x2x3x2,

another question - which 18650 protected batteries do you use and find good quality? And which re-charger? And what is a good source for these?

(if you have an ad on your website for a good supplier, let me know so I make sure to click there through your site so you get the credit).

TIA

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
Quick question:

You state, "Type 3 anodizing for better durability." I dropped my CL-E from about two feet and it scratched up right to the metal?

Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to be tougher.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
LB, I don't honestly think that "Chinese HAIII" is of the same standard as "US HAIII".

I base this on owning Fenix (before I sold em all) and a JETbeam...these can't touch the quality of my HDS and Arcs.

That's my opinion anyways.

CFU

x2x3x2

Banned
@ flashy bazook

There are a few reasons why i like the C2 among the others.
- First, it's design and ergonomics. Of course this depends on the individual :p
- Second, its beam profile is the nicest amonth the cheap 18650 XR-E lights. The others tend to have donut holes and dark areas in the hot spot.
- Third, i works great for distance spotting and has the highest throw number. Indoors however, the U2-style EWJ seems brighter due to its brighter spill beam.
- Lastly, it can take 2x CR123/R123 just in case ;)

To your second question, I have always used AW's protected 18650 cells available at $12. I used to use the DSD charger till one of its capacitor blew out, now im using the UltraFire 139 also being sold by AW. Both are available in CPF Dealers section.

@ LiteBrite

Yeah thats was what it was advertised as one the package. I tend to agree with CFU's reply on this. Proper HA3 should not scratch from just a drop to the flooor, especially at only 2 feet :p

@ RamJet

Wops my bad! thanks for pointing that out ;)

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteBrite said:
Quick question:

You state, "Type 3 anodizing for better durability." I dropped my CL-E from about two feet and it scratched up right to the metal?

Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to be tougher.

I dropped my C-LE on some outdoor tile. The light fell and rolled about 5 feet. No scratches only a small ding on the tail. I thought the finish is tough because I thought I would see some scratches.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
ernsanada said:
I dropped my C-LE on some outdoor tile. The light fell and rolled about 5 feet. No scratches only a small ding on the tail. I thought the finish is tough because I thought I would see some scratches.

Hey ernsanada, I work in Gardena. Small world.

x2x3x2

Banned
I just tried dropping mine about 1m off concrete floor, there's a slight chip of anodizing that came of too... perhaps it all depends on how the light hits the floor. if its at a corner with small surface area, chances of damaging it would obviously increase.