L0D CE: Should I wait?

MarkKLC

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I want to get the perfect keychain light and the L0D CE seems to fit my price range.

But should I wait? Do any of you anticipate something better coming out within the next few months? Are there going to be easter discounts?

I really don't want to buy this light and then discover Fenix has just come out with a natural clickie or something.... :ohgeez:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Dan Patrick always says, "If you're scared, buy a dog!" Of course, I'm not sure how that applies here... :ohgeez:

Seriously, if the light does what you want, then get it. If you need a clickie, wait for or find something else.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
MarkKLC said:
Hey guys, I want to get the perfect keychain light and the L0D CE seems to fit my price range.

But should I wait? Do any of you anticipate something better coming out within the next few months? Are there going to be easter discounts?

I really don't want to buy this light and then discover Fenix has just come out with a natural clickie or something.... :ohgeez:
Yes, you should wait! At any given time, there's bound to be something better coming out within the next few months. When it does, you'll be disappointed because your light is no longer the perfect one. The only way to avoid this kind of grief is to wait. And wait. And wait. . .

c_c

tibim

Newly Enlightened
The L0D CE is an AWESOME light. I had my doubts at first, but it replaced the ARC aaa on my keychain. I don't know what more you could want from a key chain light.

Get it and try it out, you won't be disappointed. If you are(for some weird reason) just return it or sell it on BST.

-tibim

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told there "currently is no plans to make a natural L0D-CE" when I ordered my black one.

So what did I do? I bought a natural L0D and turned it into a L0D-SE :)

BMRSEB

Enlightened
There's always going to be something better.. You'd be forever waiting.. :)

I have the Fenix L0D-CE and am loving it. And if you get the 10440 Lithium battery you'll be amazed at the output! Fellow poster UnKnownVT, posted an estimated 150+ lumens with that battery on the high mode!!

Do a search in the Reviews section for all the hard facts, reviews, beamshots, etc.:)

Last edited:

MarkKLC

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks for the quick reply, guys. I know there's always going to be something better, but I was just wondering if it's more likely (than usual) that something better is coming out soon.

Actually, it was this post that made me reconsider:

carrot said:
Something should be coming soon that might suit your needs. Sorry, I can't say any more about it.

When I bought my L1P, the L1T came out the same week I received it :awman:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, one thing to keep in mind is that comparatively speaking, the L0D-CE just came out. The L1P has been out for a while now. I bought my first one 19 months ago, and it was used.

Mike Iver

Newly Enlightened
Even if something better comes out it will always be a damn good light. I really liked my LOP - I just wished it was brighter. Well this one is. I can maybee see myself selling my LOP, but I cannot ever imagine parting with my LOD-CE.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will really impress me if they come out with something better than this. The only really improvement would be a simplified UI, with just 2 or 3 modes and no blinky blinky. I LOVE my L0D-CE!!

MarkKLC

Newly Enlightened
Haha I can't wait to get the light. It's just that we're getting more and more daylight and it's no longer all dark when I'm coming home, so I figured I might as well wait if there's already something in the works.

But I don't think I can resist!

Verve

Newly Enlightened
I've heard so many great things about the LOD I think I'm getting one as well. I was kinda waiting on the LF2 reviews though...I thought there would be some by now. Has anyone seen any yet??

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
The LOD-CE is a terrific light. At first, I was hesitant to carry it on my keyring, but after a few months of carrying in my pocket on the keyring, this jewel has held up remarkably well, no problems! This is the light to carry on your keyring.

txmatt

Enlightened
And while it's not recommended, and even discouraged by some, the L0D CE will run (at your own risk) on a 10440 rechargeable lithium for insane brightness. Assuming the lumen estimates between tests is accurate, chrevofreak got 156 estimated lumens from the LOD CE on a 10440...

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=152223

This compared to a max of 118 lumens for the L1D CE (on 14500) and 115 lumens for the L2D CE (on Lithium primaries)...

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=155819

I don't see how one could ask for much more capability from a light this size.

gunga

Flashaholic
As was mentioned before, if you want something different (better?) check out the Liteflux LF2. There is a big thread on it and a brief review. It looks interesting, but $55 may be a bit much for me.

I think I will just wait for a natural LOD CE.

MikieHead

Newly Enlightened
My LF2 is at the POST OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I was only home today, I would have first impressions here now.

I do not have an LOD-CE to compare it to, but I do have a Peak Matterhorn Ultra Snow 3 LED and a 10440 Lithium Ion battery to compare it to!! And try the LithIon battery in the LF2.

I ordered the LF2 so as not to have ANY issues with PWM as even though it is PWM, it is a factor of 10 faster and should NEVER be noticable. Also with the use programmable feature, I can set a really LOW LOW (5%), for menu's in resturants and still get the HIGHest setting also.....................

Check back tomorrow for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen C

Enlightened
I have a LF2 and LOD CE. The LF2 is a well made light with some unique and useful features which are not available elsewhere. On Li ion the LOD CE is brighter.