• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lion cub with U bin Seoul P4 SOLD

Grumpy

Enlightened
img0610aa5.jpg

I had originally purchased a slim head and slim tail for my Chameleon flashlight. I gave my Chameleon flashlight away to a friend after modifying it with a Seoul U bin emitter. I purchased a extra control module and used the slim head, slim tail, a lioncub driver, and Seoul U bin P4 led to make this light. The light has a nice bright and white beam. It also has a nice beam pattern to it.
I also polished the aluminum to make this light look much better and installed a gray switch boot.

I had a machinist where I work make me a copper spacer which if I remember correctly was .105 thick and approx. .605 in diameter. (The thickness of the stock star plus .030 for the different focal length of the new emitter). I then removed approx. .030 from the back of the stock reflector which gave it a nice beam. The led was applied under pressure with Artic Alumina to the copper spacer, then the spacer was epoxied to the flashlight body with Artic Alumina under little pressure so not to make electrical contact with body. This gets the heat from the emitter to the copper spacer quickly since it was applied under pressure and there is a larger surface area to get the heat to the body of the flashlight where I had to leave the Artic thicker to isolate from the body. I painted the wires where they are soldered to the emitter with fingernail polish and made a washer out of a thin piece of plastic and placed between the emitter and the reflector to keep the reflector from touching the leads.

I will offer a 1 year labor warranty on this light. (The purchaser of this light would buy the parts). I have modified several lights with better leds and have not had any problems with any so far. If a better Led comes to the market I would also be willing to install it for you if it did not require much modification to the light.

Selling to fund the purchase of another flashlight.

Asking $160 shipped.

I accept paypal, MO, or personal check (will wait to clear).
First to post I'll take it gets it.

Last edited: