Solar powered Flashlight

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see things like this and get shivering flashbacks of shake lights. Just doesn't look very nice.I like the looks of the ones that were being given out for testing, the Flashlights for Africa ones. Those were waterproof too.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
I see things like this and get shivering flashbacks of shake lights. Just doesn't look very nice.I like the looks of the ones that were being given out for testing, the Flashlights for Africa ones. Those were waterproof too.

Yeah, these lights are just too cheaply made to be any good. Sad but true. Too many sacrifices have to be made to make such low price. release the price limitations and some fun things could be achieved...

I would like to see high efficiency (expensive) satellite solar cells used. Then charging substantial cells like some Sanyo sub C's is actually feasible and realistic in, oh, 5 or 6 hours of strong sunshine. Well, maybe not full charge but some substantial level. A good 10 square inches of cells minimum. User replaceable batteries too by the way. Heavy HIII anodized knurled oversized body, completely waterproof to at least 50m, several run modes with a moon mode of at least 200 hours, red LED night vision LED also etc,.
But as usual I'm dreaming, and I know darn well the market would be too low to ever justify the creation of such a light yada yadya ya... :(

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
Good thinking... a flashlight that you can't recharge when you need it most...

Yeah, but in those situations you can recharge it by shining another flashlight on it. :lolsign: