• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Hot Pink Drop-in for Mini-m*g

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've acquired a hot pink mini-m*g and am looking for someone to make a hot pink drop in, preferably LED. Anyone interested?

RCatR

Enlightened
I assume you mean a 5mm LED cluster; kind of like the ones found here

If so, I can toss together a 5 or 8 LED cluster for say... $22 shipped

litho123

Enlightened
I would suggest that you find a nice white LED and insert a pink gel in it to get the effect you want.

I have an assortment of pink gels in 1.5" x 2.5" that you can cut to size.
Drop me a PM with your mailing addy.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
LuxLuthor said:
I think there are some San Francisco forum members to hook you up.

Dahling, that's very sweet of you, but I'm not really looking for a long distance relationship. Flashing is such a personal thing, don't you think?

RCatR said:
I assume you mean a 5mm LED cluster; kind of like the ones found here If so, I can toss together a 5 or 8 LED cluster for say... $22 shipped

RCatR, I have a bit of difficuly with these. They are meant to run at around 3.4 volts, a Mini-M*g only puts out 3 volts max. I tried running some 10 mm LEDs, a red, a pink, a purple, at 3 volts last night and the light barely makes it fom the Mag to the floor. Are you thinking direct drive, or something else?

Lithio123, White LEDs are basically blue LEDs that have been tricked out by adding a little yellow. If I can start with something that has a lot of red I think I'll get better brightness.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Ken_McE said:
Dahling, that's very sweet of you, but I'm not really looking for a long distance relationship. Flashing is such a personal thing, don't you think?

Flashing? I prefer "Barn Burner" Torching (a references the name of that 75W HID spotlight, & not meant as a homophobic reference for all those 'sensitive' types), but I'm not from San Francisco....so I'll assume the "Dahling/sweet" references were a misguided lapse in judgement.

RCatR

Enlightened
I was going to use a boost circuit to step up the voltage. If you already have some pink LEDs I would reccomend buying a nite ize dropin and swapping the LEDs. Or, you could mail me the leds, a nitize, and I could do it for you

***EDIT***
To clarify: If you buy the parts and mail them to me I will put it all together for free since this seems like a fun mod

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a mini with a Purple LED, I have it direct off a 14670 Lithium battery and a dummy cell. This works fairly well.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCatR said:
To clarify: If you buy the parts and mail them to me I will put it all together for free since this seems like a fun mod
I'm game. Any idea what size those LEDs are?