Bezel-down Surefire Carry? Anybody?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw some stuff McGizmo had done with the swivel stud and a belt clip, but hasn't anybody come up with something to replace the lanyard ring on the Surefire lights with a pocket clip that would let you carry bezel down?? I'd buy one in an instant, probably two, and there'd be a lot of others that would buy them too, I bet..

AnybodY?

Nathan

Enlightened
I saw a pic of a Fenix that had an E-series tailcap (z57). The owner had drilled 2-holes into the tailcap and mounted a Vital Gear clip. It's a good mod since some Fenix's don't have any clip at all.

Sable

Enlightened
On this issue I have to say "Absolutely not." The head of most Surefires is to a lesser or greater extent larger than the body, not to mention that at least the L1 has a series of flats, which put points on the outside of the body. For those reasons, I would never carry my L1 bezel-down clipped in my jeans pocket - same for any light that has a head larger than the body, I'm afraid.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not following you. Most every light I own has a bigger head than body. The X5T doesn't, nor does the McLux or PD, but every other carry light does. Are you just saying you don't want the bigger part in your pocket?

Sable

Enlightened
Yarr. I don't want the bigger part in my pocket - and the two lights I carry around are a PD and an old Milky L1. The PD can sit bezel-down since it's baasically one diameter all the way down. It also does not have the large hexagonal anti-roll construction on the head.

The L1 has a head significantly larger than the body, and the way the L1 sits, the body [all one diameter] is in my pocket, and the head [much larger, with six flats like a large hex nut] is outside my pocket, not being squished against my leg by my pocket. It is much more comfortable for me.

I'm waffling over buying a Kroma - but that's gonna go in my coat pocket, where it doesn't bug me where the bezel is, since I have large coat pockets.