Most Useless Post 2007: Surreal Flashlight Experience

AlgaeEater

Newly Enlightened
So.... I was replacing the batteries in flashlights today in the afternoon, basically when the sun set. I have about 8 flashlights and 2 lamps to replace batteries with, so it's quite a task unscrewing and re-attaching caps and what not and putting in those fresh batteries.

My 100W compact flourscent lamp is literally an arm's length away from me. It's getting really dark in my room right now, almost to the point of pitch blackness. So what do I do?

I put batteries in RiverRock AA latern first, and then turn that on... so I can put more batteries in my other flash lights. Keep in mind the 100W lamp is still sitting there right next me while I'm doing all of this. I then turn on each additional flashlight to light my way to put more batteries in the other flashlights.

I am now typing this with my room illuminated by all my flashlights, not my 100W lamp. Which I have 2 of the in room by the way.

Am I finally going insane? Are people's body parts going to start appearing in my refridgerator next? :ohgeez:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
So long as they ain't your body parts, it shouldn't be a problem.
tinfoilhat.gif

CFU

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL I do that all the time!!!

I joke with friends saying "everything is better by candlepower" and shut the lights and light the room with my U2, L4 and or assorted others. Always a crowd pleaser :lolsign:

and yes...we are sick..very sick :)

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Turning on a regular lamp would spoil all the fun. Once night falls we're not allowed to use AC power.

Geoff

Led_Blind

Enlightened
I beleive a markering gaduate would call that recycling !!!

When night time comes i often use only a flashlight or 2 for lighting the bedroom.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, not exactly similar, but just before I go to sleep, I grab a few (ok, 10) flashlights and compare beam profiles on the ceiling. I was doing alot of that with my Mag-Num Star 6D upgrade arrived yesterday. Even better, I've found out that my girlfriend to be is actually a torch nut. And so I can continue my bedtime flashlight ritual even when she's with me! Bonus!!!

mdocod

Flashaholic
I often turn on a 2D mag with a pair of 10,000mah NIMH cells in there, pointed at the ceiling from the high shelf on my desk... this gives a soft incandecent glow, enough to see my keyboard comfortably and post stuff like this late at night without the 6 overhead lights cranked up wasting power. Being rechargable, and able to use very cheap bulbs, this makes a great portable night-light with a low running cost. guilt free flashlight usage IMO.