LED Graffiti

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out some of the cool LED graffiti being done by The Graffiti Research Lab . I'm not normally a supporter of graffiti, but these folks are doing some interesting stuff in a mostly non destructive way. LED Throwies are cool also look at the link for Laser Tag.

Instructions for GRL's LED stuff plus some other fun LED light projects can be found at the Instructables web site.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't these guys get in big trouble doing this, as people thought they were terrorist attacks or something??

Carabidae

Newly Enlightened
ACMarina said:
Didn't these guys get in big trouble doing this, as people thought they were terrorist attacks or something??

That was the aqua teen hunger force show people that left boards with leds on them out in areas around boston.

These guys with the throwies have been around for a while. I remember reading that they last for a few days, only problem is, the batteries stay there and pollute.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The guys who got in trouble in Boston are not associated with the GRL, but were probably inspired by them. Like I said, I don't support graffiti but the impact of the LED throwies is pretty minimal...mostly labor to remove the throwies. Much better than trying to remove spray paint. The Laser Tag system is even better, since it's just a projection of Graffiti "painted" with a laser pointer. Nothing permanent. From an artistic point of view they're doing some interesting stuff.