Sobering thought...our torches will be around long after we are gone !!

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Especially the LED variety.

Perhaps our children and grandchildren will treasure them too.

A bit like Inheritance Tax (UK), perhaps we should engrave them and give them away to our families, or leave instructions for the same.

It's a bit like clothes really, just when do you stop buying clothes, knowing you will never wear them out.

A thought for Easter.....

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scarey!!!

I hope mine don't end up at a yard sale...

I'll give instructions to sell them here if I drop. This would be the only place where people will appreciate them, you know?

I'll work a plan with BlueKnight an SP1... LOL

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not mine. I'll be taking them all with me as I here the underworld may be kind of dark. Not planning on going there, mind you, but it's always best to be prepared should one unexpectedly board the wrong bus.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's nice to think that should I have a few kids, that they will be able to use my beloved HDS lights long after I'm gone.

At the moment though, my HDS lights are my kids!
smile.gif

CFU

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
People with home metal shops have the same problem. A good lathe will run thousands of dollars. The accesories and the tooling can run another couple of thousand. When the hobbiest passes away the tools go for a few hundred just to clear out the space.

I am pretty sure each of my kids would want a light as a momento. They probably would not chose my best lights, but who's to say?

I guess I need to add a note to my will.

Daniel

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... our torches will be around long after we are gone ...

So will most of the other stuff people collect.

This point was driven home when we had to disburse the estate of a deceased family member. I sold or gave away a lot of items I wasn't using after that realization.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign:

How else will you get enough smoke for a Light Saber effect!!!!

I like the idea of beeing buried with some torches. i take my PD, M4 and A19 with me.... Ohh.. and a Stinger LOL

UWSDWF said:
sounds like someone got into the marijuana