How close will the production KL5(Kx5) look like this?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE! I gotta get one of those. Looks like the front part of the bezel unscrews. Reflector mod anyone?

MetalHead

Newly Enlightened
Yea, not quite sure what to think of the looks either. Also, at first glance it seems quite long, but trying to guesstimate the dimension, it looks as though it may be the same length as a traditional KL3/5. Maybe someone that handled one at SHOT can chime in?:grin2:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a chunky head!.....the catalogue looks somewhat different......oh well just wait till it comes ot for real

Mikeg23

Enlightened
According to Surefire's website the old L5 is 6" and according to your picture the new L5 is 6.1". Maybe the picture is just at an odd angle.

cmaylodm

Newly Enlightened
If thats what the new L5 is going to look like, I think Surefire took a step backwards.
That thing is ugly!

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
cmaylodm said:
If thats what the new L5 is going to look like, I think Surefire took a step backwards.
That thing is ugly!

At least they (Surefire) are FINALLY taking a step!!! :)

MetalHead

Newly Enlightened
In a perfect world they would have kept the same head design as the previous generation KL5 with the tapered base, but oh well. While I don't thinks its the butt fugliest design(a stretch, i know), it would probably look better on a Z2 series body... maybe. Bah, its all about the performance anywauy:rock:

jwyhd

Newly Enlightened
cmaylodm said:
That thing is ugly!

INDEED!

liquidsix

Enlightened
It IS damn ugly. I don't think the head is so bad, it's the squarish looking body and the off center disc where the clip meets the body again. Bleh! Who approves these designs?