• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mini Mag in 14670 Li-ion Size

Ledean

Enlightened
14670liionminimagaj1.jpg

These are regular MiniMags cut down to take 1x14670 Li-ion battery .
The heads are machined for 20mm reflector.
You can run them on any drop in sandwich that is suitable for 14670 Li-ion.
A Streamlight Strion bulb can be used with Ceramic socket for a hotwire mod.

I have four each of black and pewter. $26.75 each shipped (with delivery confirmation) mainland USA. Please add $3.50 if you need a 20 mm reflector.

Paypal to [email protected]

Ledean

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTTT :bumpit:

I have MM's in both 1AA and 14670, and overall I prefer the latter. There's a little more to hold onto for better grip, and a lot more runtime than a 14500. These things are great.

Edit: Not that I don't also love my 1AA! :grin2:

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Don't know much about the 14670s and what it can power up; but can it do so with a drop-in sandwich BB.NG750.Lux.III with this setup?

Thanks!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely! I swapped my sandwich from the 1AA right into the 14670. It's a Li-ion like a 14500, same diameter and 17mm longer, and is rated for 1100mAh against the 14500's 750 mAh... roughly 50% longer runtime.

Ledean

Enlightened
Bimmerboy is right , the runtime is much better than with 14500.

All the badboys are rated for 6 v maximum input. so the 14670 can be safetly used with all of them

For better user control goldserve's flupic sandwich would be a great mod.
If you have aurolite's ceramic bulb holder you can use a streamlight strion bulb with it
powered with 14670 protected cell.

Nebula

Enlightened
I completely agree with BB, and Ledean. I have more than half a dozen of Ledean's cut down MMs in both AA and 14670 sizes. The sandwich works great for both, and the ceramic pin holder kit works perfectly for the hotwire. I know that these hotwire kits are currently unavailable at Lighthound. Hopefully they will be back soon as I would like to purchase a couple more.

BTW - for the best of both worlds get the 14670 MM and use a 17mm dummy and a 14500 cell if you don't have 14670 cells. KK

Ledean

Enlightened
Tessaiga said:
Whats the brightest LED (CREE possible?) drop in that you can put in this? How many lumens does it put out and for how long?

Thanks for the kind words Nebula .

Right now the Cree and the Seoul seem to be the brightest leds other than the k2

A sandwich made of goldserve's flupic and seoul will drive it up to to 1.2 in the burst mode. You can get 98 to 118 lumens driving it at just 350 Ma according to data here.

I do not know the run times but driving it at 350 ma will certainly give you a few hours ....:)
Ledean

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Ledean
Ya know, I was thinkin' (yes I know, a rarity). A 3 AA MiniM@g cut down to two 14670 with a Sandwich Shoppe Downboy 750 or 1000 driving a Cree would give LOT of brightness AND a lot of runtime. The MiniM@gLed reflector seems to work with the Cree just fine.............
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ledean

Enlightened
UncleFester said:
Ledean
Ya know, I was thinkin' (yes I know, a rarity). A 3 AA MiniM@g cut down to two 14670 with a Sandwich Shoppe Downboy 750 or 1000 driving a Cree would give LOT of brightness AND a lot of runtime. The MiniM@gLed reflector seems to work with the Cree just fine.............
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yea that would be great . We already have the 3AA minimag body using the extention mag tube on a regular mag.

magextentiontubena9.jpg

Bimmerboy has made a minimag hotwire using a minimag extension to accomodate 2x14670 li-ions to drive Carley halogen filled 1499. He calls it the
Baby Magzilla (post 12)

The runtime would be great on two 14670..

Ledean

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I'll take one, black!!

The 20mm reflector, is it plastic?
Is it a stock MM reflector?
Do you have the extensions?
PM me please:)

Thanks!