27LT clickie body.

Ganp

Enlightened
Recently got myself a mint McLux 27LT ... what a great light. :drool:

I love this torch, and the concept behind this design is executed perfectly IMHO.
But there are times when I would like to EDC it in a more compact form - and be able to use a tailswitch.

So I made myself one of these :D

IMG_6086.jpg

It's a 1 x CR123 body with a McClickie switch at the tail.

And one of these.

27LTclickywithflats-black.jpg

This is the tail end of a 2 x CR123 body. OK - it's not compact any more :laughing:

Both bodies are just rough machined at the moment. After finishing they will be black HA'd.
The black one here has just been 'anodised' in Photoshop. :grin2:

Colin.

Sable

Enlightened
I want a 27LT but I'm not a fan of twisties.

One of these would make me nab any 27LT that came up in B/S/T.

What would it cost me to have you do this for me, or for anyone in general? I am not a machinist and don't live in a place with good machine shops, but I want one. :)

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
I like!

Is the switch just on/off then? I suppose you still select high/low using the head.

What is the water resistance likely to be?

I'd be interested in a 2*Cr123 body with tailswitch, including tailguard and pocket clip...

XFlash

Enlightened
Great Job,
How well does the 27LT run on 1x123.
Also would like one of these, makes it a whole new light.
Thanks for sharing.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not positive on the runtime with 1x123. I'm sure it's considerably shorter than with 2x123's like the light is designed for. I would say maybe half the original?

Ganp

Enlightened
XFlash ... Alin10123 is quite right - on a single rechargeable 123 cell you get about an hour and a half of usefull light when set on high.
I have not done a proper runtime test and I'm not sure how long it was before it went into direct drive.

Alin10123 ... The 2x123 body is 12.0 mm longer than the standard body. For me the 1x123 body makes for a much more pocketable EDC.

Colin.