Looking For Suggestions

SEMIJim

Enlightened
A friend and I are looking for a birthday present for a third friend. I was going to order an Amilite Neo T5, but I suspect the tail clicky would be a problem for him, especially with the T5's small size. You see: Our friend has a medical condition that results in greatly reduced hand strength. So, the small size, making gripping difficult, added to the clicky, with the acute thumb angle needed to operate it, may make it unusable for him.

So, looking for recommendations for a quality light in a small size, maybe using a single (lithium?) AA or CR123, that has a grippy surface, a twisty switch, with a CREE or SSC P4 LED?

Prefer to keep the price down to around $60 U.S. or less, but that's not a hard limit.

Failing that, maybe a somewhat larger light, grippy, with an easily-operated tail clicky?

Thanks in advance!

SEMIJim

Enlightened
GeorgePaul said:
Does it really need to have a Cree or Seoul?
It would be nice for the wow factor: Yes. Tho I suppose a Luxeon 3W would do. My Nuwai TM-301X-3 is still my best light. (At least until I get something in a CREE or SSC P4.)

GeorgePaul

Enlightened
I suggest a SireFire G2. It's a good size, very grippy (Nitrolon) and has a twisty tailcap with button for momentary on. The tailcap is big (about 1" in length) and grooved. It's easy to find a bright LED drop-in that will work in the G2 (for example, here) and the total price will be reasonable.