• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Want sum1 to mod CR2 light 4me!!!

Abumustafa

Enlightened
:twothumbs Wasssuuupppp So you guys are the modders on here i presume, i have a Smartfire CR2 light that i want to mod to Cree XR-E or Seoul P4 LED i was wanderin if any1 is willing to mod it for me as you can see am all new to this an am willing to pay any labour costs :laughing: or if you could recommend sum1 in the United kingdom that will be able to mod 4me, very gratefull Thanks in advance!!!

Here is the light that i want to MOD:)

http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/Prod...spx?TranID=1062

Kind Regards

Musa

Abumustafa

Enlightened
bombelman said:
Quite doable :grin2:

Bombleman U have a long life my friend i have to say :lolsign: i was just talking to Kooter about you an the mods you do considering that the light is only 5.5 cm long i hope it does not cause too much problems for you let me know, what do u think would be best for a single CR2 the Cree XR-E or the Seoul P4!!

:popcorn:

Kind Regards

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know for certain if this is a Luxeon light now, others may chime in.

With every one of the two emitters you mentioned, they require optics for their specific beam pattern. Swapping the led will will increase your output for sure (given it's a LuxIII), but also take into consideration replacing the reflector with a Cree reflector or SSC reflector.

I could have seen this done already with Cree and McR-XR series reflector...
Sengoku I think ? Either I will provide more info, or you'll see him or someone else chime in...

Welcome to CPF !

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
a seoul drops into the stock reflector just fine. I have one like that, and another with a modded mcr18 and flupic. both are awesomely bright for their size.

very easy to mod. but the main downside is the center of the pill(where threaded) is plastic, so heatsinking could be much better. thats why the flupic is nice, you can pick a lower level for long runs and not worry about heat, while still using a rcr2.

Abumustafa

Enlightened
Bombleman do you think you can add like 2 or 3 stage switch to have like High-Medium-Low brightness for better runtimes just curious :grin2: if you can manage that i might buy acouple more for MODS :naughty:!!!

Kind Regards

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure :)
Like Pumaman mentioned, the FluPIC is a real nice circuit which gives you the ability to select low/med/high levels and even preset them to your brightness level. I myself EDC one of these FluPIC modded lights almost all the time...

Drop me a line...

Latest posts