Attention Cabelas shoppers!

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
If you have a halfway decent credit rating Cabelas is offering $15 off your first puchase which allows you to walk out the door with one of their 3watt Luxeon Hyper LED 2 x AA for $6.52. No clicky, it operates just like the Target River Rock 2xAAA. Twist for constant on or push for temp on. No options, it's always on high. The only thing I have to compare it to is my Inova Radiant 2C which it is WAY brighter than. It has a tighter hot spot but a wider spill beam. It looks a lot "tougher" than a Mag 2xAA, is about 1/4" shorter, and slightly larger in diameter. It's anodized a nice grey color but I don't want to try scratching it just for a test. I know for most folks here it isn't any big deal when the Rex2.0 I have on order will probably be better in every way but this light is pretty nice and I was told today that I will be receiving another $30 next month for use at any Cabelas so then the light only costs -23.48 which could be used to buy a bunch of Duracells, or another flashlight. I'm sure they expect you to act like an idiot and ring up a huge tab but they don't know me. Anyone seen one of these and know if there is a clicky that will fit?

TIA, John...

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
Mine seems nice and bright on NiMH so that's what it's going to get. I had some freshly charged 2600mAh in it last night and tried to do a run time test but fell asleep before it died. I do know it won't run for eight hours and I won't bother wasting akalines in it.:laughing:. I tried fresh lithiums and it really didn't seem much brighter so I don't feel I'm missing anything by using NiMH and I get good run time.