TX1J @ ?mah = ~42lumens? trying to figure what my new ssc hds should output

conor

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the equip to measure the output of my light so I figure I'd try to do the math

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about the current level. I guess around 400mA - 500mA maybe?

Figure Max on the Basic42 gets about .5 hour runtime out of a 1300 mA cell so that's pulling about 650 mA from the cell. If the circuit is 80% effecient, that would be about 520mA to the LED and I would guess the circuit is probably a bit less than 80% effecient.

I had this mod done recently and I'd conservatively say that it's at least 60 lumens but I feel it's probably closer to 90 - 100 lumens. The hotspot is larger in diameter AND more intense and even though the hotspot got larger, it throws further. I'd guess it's 100% brighter than stock.

Also, I'd guess that secondary is now at least 8 lumens compared to the stock 10 lumens on the primary level. The beam pattern is different, but using the ceiling bounce test, the secondary level of the SSC-modded HDS as bright as my brightest SMJLED on 2 primary Lithium cells.

And I'd guess that the minimum is about 4 lumens. It's about as bright as my LOP-SE on low which is supposed to be about 4.5 lumens. Before the mod, the low was obviously VERY low. It was enough to read by or to find something at your feet, but just about useless to shine across a 25 foot room. This weekend, I tried it out at my father in laws cabin which we are still constructing. From about 25 feet, it was dim, but very usable.

And as I mentioned in another thread, at 85 yards outdoors with no ambient light, it easily lights up trees and I could identify someone at that distance by facial features.

All in all, it's an outstanding improvement.