Nite Ize accidentally turning on by itself?

NAW

Enlightened
Several weeks ago I went to sleep to only in the morning find my Nite Ize drop in for the minimag to be on. I thought I had just maybe accidentally left it on & fell asleep. I was using it just before I went to sleep.

But just a minute ago while browsing through CPF, I had my Minimag with the Nite Ize to the left of me on my desk, I heard a little clicking sound, and the thing turned on by itself.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Kind of weird.

Vickers

Enlightened
Is this just the NI drop-in, or also the tail clickie?

I have several of the drop-ins, and none have turned on by themselves, but I don't have any NI clickies (do have some TerraLUX ones, though).

NAW

Enlightened
Yes, I forgot to mention it is the drop-in with clickie. I guess if the problem continues I'll have to use the regular tailcap supplied by Maglite.

Cydonia

Enlightened
If other lights start to turn on by themselves it's time to call ghost busters I'd say. You got some pretty serious paranormal activity happening there dude ;)
Next thing you'll be seeing glowing Ize in the Nite :laughing:

Illum

Flashaholic
the clickies have been known to have "cannot turn on," "cannot turn off," "flickering when off," or "flicker when on" issues especially if its been in motion for a while: say in your pockets and walking around or dropping it:ohgeez:

So far I've only seen the "cannot turn on" and "flicker when on" parts...Of the three I own, two have the issue from time to time...one of them was working find until It went through two wash cycles and tumble dry and the other was a problem child right out of the package:ohgeez:

Its entirely possible that there was a connection problem between the nite-ize LED module and the bulb socket. So you may have left the clickie on but the light didnt register, once it fell, it may have established contact and lit up.

NAW said:
I heard a little clicking sound, and the thing turned on by itself.

I dont know what your talking about...hasnt happened to me yet:candle: