What is so good about Jetbeam CLE that makes the resale value rise?

greenstuffs

Banned
Why everyone is after this flashlight? don't understand it was at first $28 in the earliest group buy, then jumped to $30 but the owners are selling them for $40-$50 range they sell in 10 min not that i complain but that takes you to the land of Fenix L1D, Lumapower or even the new rexlight is cheaper even with reports of sloppy threads people seems to have no problem snagging those.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do little pieces of printed cardboard go for so much?

They are only baseball cards.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
The secong group buy ended up being $36-38 and now they are no longer available. These all had the "Secret Locator Mode" that indicated the acceptance of 3.7V 14500's for a significant increase in brightness. Even if these DO become available again there is no guarentee that they will have the extra mode and accept the higher voltage. I believe this explains why this batch is bringing a premium. Oh yea, and they are Bright and White and FUN!!!!

:buddies:

flame2000

Enlightened
I guess it's pretty hard to find an online retailer that carries this JetBeam CLE. It's unlike Fenix or LumaPower, which are easily available thru a few great retailers here.

The only retailer that used to carry the CLE was Emilions, but the site is always.....:shakehead

greenstuffs

Banned
Thx for your reply. It seems very reasonable being able to take lions at that price. But i guess price will come down as the rexlight can also take regulated lions and is a clickie.

Radio said:
The secong group buy ended up being $36-38 and now they are no longer available. These all had the "Secret Locator Mode" that indicated the acceptance of 3.7V 14500's for a significant increase in brightness. Even if these DO become available again there is no guarentee that they will have the extra mode and accept the higher voltage. I believe this explains why this batch is bringing a premium. Oh yea, and they are Bright and White and FUN!!!!

:buddies:

That doesn't have anything to do with the light but i can see the relation of being a collectors light. All the best in your sale. I'm sure someone will snagg it.
EngrPaul said:
Why do little pieces of printed cardboard go for so much?

They are only baseball cards.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just supply and demand. People want them, but you can't buy them online any more. So, when they pop up on B/S/T, the seller can ask for a higher price than you'd otherwise expect.

Why do people want them? They're very small for a AA light, they have a Cree, and they've got a textured reflector. I agree; I hope the Rexlight is some reasonable competition. But, no one has seen a Rexlight. Maybe when they start shipping, the C-LE market will soften up a bit.

myk

Enlightened
one thing to consider, a LOT of people bought them directly from emillion for $38 shipped - like myself. Add their shipping cost to get it to you.. and paypal fees = $40-$45

its not so much profiteering as just breaking even for most people

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a very bright light, I couldn't believe how small it is. It's a similar output to a SL PP 4aa Lux in a tiny package. I used to edc an Inova X-1, but this is significantly smaller AND significantly brighter. Don't own any Fenix to compare it to.

T4R06

Enlightened
the secret mode is very useful to me, for example in car, im putting C-LE on near winshield but the body is hidden. its just like you have a "anti-theft" maximum security you got there. which is really makes you think what's inside..

C-LE im loving it :D

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I sold mine for $40 and thinking about paying $50 for another one.
That is one light I wish I would have kept.
I have another one, but 2 is much better (especially brand new)!!

It is by far the best twisty I have owned, including customs:)

T4R06-
Enjoy!!!

Cydonia

Enlightened
greenstuffs said:
Why everyone is after this flashlight? don't understand it was at first $28 in the earliest group buy, then jumped to $30 but the owners are selling them for $40-$50 range they sell in 10 min not that i complain but that takes you to the land of Fenix L1D, Lumapower or even the new rexlight is cheaper even with reports of sloppy threads people seems to have no problem snagging those.

What are your thoughts?

I call it irrational exuberance... :sssh:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ebay item... with postage it makes it $72, and you don't know what's inside because it's never been opened. ;P

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is mainly the fact that you can't get them anywhere else. That combined with the fact that most of the ones going for over $40 have the secret mode which means it can run a 14500 cell.

I paid around $37 for mine (from Emilion) and absolutely LOVE it! It is the smallest single AA light I have ever seen, and with a 14500 cell it is ungodly bright! Probabley around 125-150 lumens or so out the front, maybe more I can't test properly. It is also very light and has a great HA finish as well.

I would imagine as soon as the Rexlight arrives at everyones door that the resell value of the C-LE will drop substantially.

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
Heh, heh. Too true. I bought 3, and used one to help leverage a trade for a Gladius Night Ops. I'm not sure whether I'm happy that I traded it or not. On the one hand, it's a great little light with killer output. On the other, I've read some other strings about spotty construction which may impact longevity (even w/o running a 14500 battery). In any event, I'll keep the other two.

Vickers said:
Because they are the HOLY GRAIL, man!:rock:

After that GB, I'll never part with mine...too good of a story.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
T4R06 said:
the secret mode is very useful to me, for example in car, im putting C-LE on near winshield but the body is hidden. its just like you have a "anti-theft" maximum security you got there. which is really makes you think what's inside..

C-LE im loving it :D
Great idea! Yep I found this light to be more than I expected in the 'coolness factor'.