L1d-ce any mod this with seoul NEW pic update

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
just curious ,its hard to narrow down with the search function if anyone has..how do i dissasemble the head so i can take out the emitter module ,it looks very delicate....and would i need a new reflector
pics would be great

Last edited:

fineday

Newly Enlightened
Re: L1d-ce any mod this with seoul

I wonder if it's necessary to mod a L1D-CE with SSC-P4?

You have to find a new reflector and do many complex works, only to get a little more brightness or even none. Many people said SSC-P4s were not as white as CREEs'.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would keep the L1D-CE the way it is, the L1T good do with a SSC-P4 Mod

fineday

Newly Enlightened

TORCH_BOY said:
I would keep the L1D-CE the way it is, the L1T good do with a SSC-P4 Mod
:grin2: As well as my L1P

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

looks like it will fight me all the way through modding it and just getting the emitter module out it looks delicate ,not worth damaging it so i guess i will leave it as is

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic

Quicke question, I've heard mention that the Seoul emitter domes are soft and gel like. Is this tre for Lux too? I think cree's are glass?

Are the seoul's delicate?

r0b0r

Enlightened

Seouls are rubbery, much sturdier than say the goo inside luxeons (they have an acrylic shell with goo inside)

I wouldn't say the Seoul is delicate. Seems like a pretty tough substance they use.
Atleast it wouldn't crack like the luxeons and I suppose cree.

The lux in my Inova T3 cracked open - though I'm not sure if it was from it's lethal impact or subsequent freezer popping :p
Probably the impact...
There's a smooshy goo inside the lux, pretty funky

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast

i was vexed as to how to get to the emitter module looking at this and the head bezel didnt seem like it would screw off

but i did find a thread where someone did get the bezel off so i had to try it and it was glued so it was tough and now that i have it off i now have another problem $$$ now i feel i have to give this L1d some seoul :ohgeez: but im not sure exactly what reflector will fit into an L1d head as you see in pic the minimag reflector is to big unless i trim the rim so what do i get a mcr20 mcr18 etc

now with bezel off it all looks easy as pie from here just emitter swap and decide which reflector will fit

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
if my math is right i think i need 18mm reflector when i google 23 or 24/32 to mm this is what i get (23/32) inches = 18.25625 millimeters or (24/32) inches = 19.05 millimeters so i guess i need a mcr18 correct