Anyone know anything about this light on DealExtreme?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light was just announced, so I bet no one has it yet, you could do the review first!

AlexGT

zx7dave

Enlightened
It looks like it may have a Cree P4 according to the writeup. If so then should be a nice light. A Cree P4 drop in for my SureFires are $39 at Lighthound. Here you get te whole light. You might consider the Lithium CR123 versions which have more power then the AA version.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Toohotruk said:
Looks like I made a mistake buying this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1370

I haven't even gotten it yet and they put a better/more powerful version of the same basic light out for the same basic price...:ohgeez:

I just got this light in the mail today...I'm actually pretty happy with it, it's very bright, seems fairly well built...a little thin on the tailcap, but acceptable. For the price, I can't complain!:)

As bright as this one is, makes me wonder about the 3W version... :duh2:

Streamer

Enlightened
Received one today also. First thing I noticed was lamp assembly not centered in head which throws crooked off center beam on the wall. Also, clicky rubber extends beyond base and will not let unit tail stand for candle use. Other than that, extremely bright slightly blue tint. I think you get what you pay for when you reach out to the China Connection. No QC even though box was marked Quality Checked. LOL...
Wonder how long it will last? Think I'm through with long distance China Crap. As always, YMMV.

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamer said:
Received one today also. First thing I noticed was lamp assembly not centered in head which throws crooked off center beam on the wall. Also, clicky rubber extends beyond base and will not let unit tail stand for candle use. Other than that, extremely bright slightly blue tint. I think you get what you pay for when you reach out to the China Connection. No QC even though box was marked Quality Checked. LOL...
Wonder how long it will last? Think I'm through with long distance China Crap. As always, YMMV.

My LED is pretty well centered...the beam does have some artifacts and a slightly irregular darker corona around the slightly irregular hot spot with a smooth wide spill...not all that objectionable though.

I noticed the clicky protruding as well...it will stand on it's tailcap, but it's pretty wobbly though.

Only time will tell as far as durability...guess you can't expect too much for the price...that considered, I'm still fairly happy with it overall, it should work fine for a "backup pocket EDC"...as long as it lasts for a respectable amount of time...we'll see...