For us new guys....

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
Hey all.
From just running around the forums last night, I noticed or one or two of us that have 'fessed up to having only joined the family in the last week or so. Heck I only joined recently myself and here I go using the word "family".

Anyway, at some point the little tag under my screen name changed from "Unelightened" to "Enlightened". Now, I know that the terms are used to designate member levels and may have something to do with the number of posts made, so initially my reaction was, "Oh hell. What do I know? Enlightened? I'm still light years behind most of these guys!"

I've done one review which maybe somebody will find helpful, if not amusing. But besides that I've done nothin except ask questions about basic stuff, and answered only the easiest questions posed by other members, such as, "How many lights do you have?"

But, just as I was chuckling about the whole enlightened bit, I realized just how much I had picked up over the last few days from the other members. I know or at least think I know more about batteries than I did last Friday night - and that has been my biggest concern since I got my new and first rechargable light!

I'm still not sure if Li-ion batts can develop a "memory", but that is an entirely new post for later.

I have noticed that if I just take the time to look around and actually read what's in front of me, the answers to my questions are already here. It's my own inability to connect the dots sometimes that makes me scratch my head - not the replies I get to my questions.

My point to all this is that if you're just passing through or plan on staying for awhile, just jump right in and start soaking up the advice these guys have for us. As far as I know, this is the only forum of its kind - might as well take advantage of it.

Okay, that's my speech for the duration. Got some batteries to charge before bed. Talk to you all later.

DM51

Flashaholic
dalekcommander said:
I have noticed that if I just take the time to look around and actually read what's in front of me, the answers to my questions are already here.
Correct! That is why you are now enlightened!

cmaylodm

Newly Enlightened
As I understand it, Enlightened comes after 20 posts, Flashaholic after 100 posts, and then maybe Flashaholic* after 1000?

Nereus

Enlightened
sysadmn said:
So there's no truth to the rumor that you can't reach flashaholic* until you hit 10 lights or $500? :)
Nope... After reading through this thread you will quickly notice that 500 flashlights worth 500 USD *each* will make you flashaholic*... I feel soooooo newbie when reading that thread, especially the competition between the Led museum and Quickbeam
icon15.gif

-N

Latest posts