Any ideas what the next Fenix model will be?

Mike89

Enlightened
Was just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Actually I may have an alterior motive. Awhile back I emailed Fenix about my comments on this trend of the 5 mode flashlight. I expressed my views on it and suggested different versions of those lights with the brightness but without all the fluff. I was surprised when I got a return email from them thanking me for my input and that it would be passed on to the techs at Fenix. I'm going, "okaaaay".

Well I'll be damned if I haven't received about 5 follow up (and very curteous) emails from them (asking me stuff like where do I buy my Fenix lights from, what Fenix lights do I currently have, etc) and they said they were going to send me a free gift of a new Fenix light when they had a new model.

How's that for customer service? Seems Fenix is concerned about their customers (or at least polite). It was unexpected and I'm kinda stoked.

Last edited:

greenstuffs

Banned
Yeah like only few members at CPF asked for a OP reflector for the L1D :rolleyes:. How about a CR123 Tube for the L1D or the 2AA tube for the L1D. I dont think Fenix will listen to their users because like most companies they look at their profits before anything else nothing wrong there. I'd rather sell 2 flashlights than 1 tube and 1 flashlight more $$$ there.

Mike89 said:
Was just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Actually I may have an alterior motive. Awhile back I emailed Fenix about my comments on this trend of the 5 mode flashlight. I expressed my views on it and suggested different versions of those lights with the brightness but without all the fluff. I was surprised when I got a return email from them thanking me for my input and that it would be passed on to the techs at Fenix. I'm going, "okaaaay".

Well I'll be damned if I haven't received about 5 follow up (and very curteous) emails from them (asking me stuff like where do I buy my Fenix lights from, what Fenix lights do I currently have, etc) and they said they were going to send me a free gift of a new Fenix light when they had a new model.

How's that for customer service? Seems Fenix is concerned about their customers (or at least polite). It was unexpected and I'm kinda stoked.

Martini

Enlightened
greenstuffs said:
I dont think Fenix will listen to their users because like most companies they look at their profits before anything else nothing wrong there. I'd rather sell 2 flashlights than 1 tube and 1 flashlight more $$$ there.
First off, I think Fenix listens to its customers, because it's not too easy to sell a light that nobody wants. But, the company looks at its competitors as well. Fenix built its reputation on innovation, and thus finds itself perpetually trying to differentiate its products from everyone else's. Sometimes, this leads them in an entirely wrong direction from our perspective. Obviously, selling entire flashlights is more desirable than selling lots of accessories. It's much easier to sell most people a complete flashlight than a "modular flashlight system." Plus, accessories sit on shelves longer, often incompatible with whatever comes along next (think Nekomane 123 tubes), and thus useless to whoever ends up with them. Don't get me wrong; I'm not particularly happy with some of Fenix's latest moves, but I can see the rationale behind them.

As for what's next, who knows? They seem to have their bases covered at the moment. I'm expecting some 2x123 lights anytime now. Perhaps they'll go toe-to-toe with Lumapower and build a long-running 18650 light. Or maybe they'll focus on improving current models and tightening up QC. That'd be nice. Currently, their competitors are way ahead on fit and finish, especially in the anodizing department.

Redregie

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if they do actually listen to their customers or not, But they certainly reply promptly to emails.

I sent an email from the UK at 09:33 am and had a reply at 11:33 !!!!

The basic gist of my email was to congratulate them on the L1 & L2 D ce's
I dropped in a line about any future models being more the floody type

The reply was courteous and contained a little pointer to the future..

... "Thank you for your feedback, we are engaged in developing new powerful one, just keep in concern fenix."

Thats the spirit !!!

Red.

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
Actually the 1AA and 2AA tubes for LxD are available at Fenix-store.com
Already pre-ordered a 2AA tube for my L1D CE :)

Too bad about that OP reflector though...

greenstuffs said:
Yeah like only few members at CPF asked for a OP reflector for the L1D :rolleyes:. How about a CR123 Tube for the L1D or the 2AA tube for the L1D. I dont think Fenix will listen to their users because like most companies they look at their profits before anything else nothing wrong there. I'd rather sell 2 flashlights than 1 tube and 1 flashlight more $$$ there.

Nic

Newly Enlightened
I hope they add continuously variable brightness as per photon freedom to their existing range of lights ...

A nice variable brightness cycle light with good flood pattern and some side spill (safety/visibility) would be nice.

frosty

Enlightened
Redregie said:
Not sure if they do actually listen to their customers or not, But they certainly reply promptly to emails.

I sent an email from the UK at 09:33 am and had a reply at 11:33 !!!!

The basic gist of my email was to congratulate them on the L1 & L2 D ce's
I dropped in a line about any future models being more the floody type

The reply was courteous and contained a little pointer to the future..

... "Thank you for your feedback, we are engaged in developing new powerful one, just keep in concern fenix."

Thats the spirit !!!

Red.

That sounds interesting. I wonder what format it could be? Maybe 2*CR123 or 18650. Perhaps it could be multiple leds or even a switch to SSC.

cslinger

Enlightened
I want a P1D-CE with the same interface/clicky of the L1D/L2D. Even if this makes it a bit longer. Ditch the strobe or SOS and give me a low low .5-1 lumen and I am sold.