Cree sources

WhiteHot

Enlightened
Where has everyone been getting there Cree XRE's from? Looked around and couldnt find that many places. DealExtreme and Kaidomain but :shrug: Anywhere in the states?

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very good news. Maybe it means that Cree is catching up on the demand for the higher spec bins. I wonder how long their stock will last?

Some of the email from Cutter:
Just a quick update
For those of you waiting with backorders on the Q2, great news, Cree has released a limited amount and we have managed to get shipped 1000 pcs. As soon as they arrive we will ship your backorders and can supply further qty's.
We have also stock of the Q2 kit

Also check for new releases tomorrow as Cree will release the XR-E in warm white............

Kaidomain's price is quite good, and free shipping is excellent, but they don't have optics. Cutter does have the optics but their shipping for optics isn't good.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
markus_i said:
Not too bad, and of course the English is much appreciated. But they don't seem to have any PCBs available for the P4s. :awman: I tried adding a few things to my shopping cart and including shipping it works out to just 4 cents different to the Cutter price for the same thing. I wonder if Led-tech's VAT is just for British customers.

"The XR-E is brighter and can be driven on up to 1,8A in extreme appliations depending on the correct pulse-ratio." :rock: Well, maybe Newbie when he was trying to burn one out...

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do dealextreme.com and kaidomain.com compare with each other? Their shipped prices seem quite similar.

Edit: And what are their respective $10 Cree torches like?

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
DrifT3R said:
cutter.com.au is good.
Based in Australia so postage may be difficult for you. They have the Q2 bin in stock now. =]
Cutter charge the same postage wherever you are.
Norm

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm said:
Cutter charge the same postage wherever you are.
Norm
So what they don't have to collect for GST (for Australians) they charge for postage for the rest of the world? I had the impression they charge extra anyway. And sadly quite a lot extra for small numbers of emitters and optics.