- Mag-switch
- modified spring
- Custom-heatsink
- Glow-powder green
- some material to reduce the diameter of the tube for fitting 1x18650 LiIon

Some pictures:

Switch with holder for it and the Flupic as well as the propper heatsink:

Schalter.jpg

Switch and Flupic installed in the holder. The cord is only for holding in place. After setting the epoxy I removed the cord:

Treibereinheit.jpg

View to the top with the Glow-powder:

Lampe.jpg

Now the complete light:

Light.jpg

The beam will show the rectangle of the die. By twisting the head, the beam is focussable.

The whole light and the beam is uncommon but funny and nice:grin2:.

Best regards

_____
Tom:wave:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool John! :thumbsup: You have been busy lately. :)

An aspherical lens makes for a funny beam but man one can turn a light into a thrower! :rock:

Oh, and what Nereus said. BEAMSHOTS PLEASE!:D

Ken

kooter

Enlightened
Hi Tom, i see you have been busy. Very nice. :grin2: :goodjob:

I want beamshots too please.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Paul:)

:thanks:...:)

Since I have only the Fenix P1D-CE which is stock (relating to the LE), I compared the Dorcy-mod with the Fenix (most of you should know it:whistle:) and a Mag LuxV (W-bin) driven at 800mA.

Distance to the caravan is 40 meters.

First the Fenix on high:

Fenixhigh.jpg

The Mag-mod:

Mag.jpg

Now the Dorcy:

Dorcyhigh.jpg

You can see the projection of the die at the caravan.

Here a closer picture (8 meters) with the Fenix at left and the Dorcy right, both on high:

FenixandDorcy.jpg

At last the glow-front:grin2:

GlowFront.jpg

It's a very impressive light for its size, thanks to the nice components.

Very best regards

_____
Tom

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
kooter said:
Excellent result Tom. It looks twice as bright as the fenix. :grin2:
The differnece is that with the Fenix, probably well more than half of the light goes straight out the front as spill -- which is awesome at close range, but completely wasted for throw. Those big lenses capture nearly 100% of the light and collimate it into a uniform beam, awesome for throw, but terrible at close range in my experience (though they're not so bad if you can de-focus them and make a floody "circle" of light)

That glow powder looks awesome though, especially through that big lens -- definitely a winner in terms of "geek factor" :D

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trinity, the beam isn't so bad like I expected.
I always prefer high quality reflectors like the McR's. I tried all available high-power Led's (Luxeons, SSC's, Cree's, Edixeon's)with a lot of optics like Fraen's, Nx's and this lens and I ascertained various differences.
But the usefulness of this combination (Cree/Aspherical lens) at close range (beamshape) is absolutely comparable with other optics and Leds, with the big + of the huge throw.
So for my taste it's the best match for an optic. (When the light will provide the space for it).

But like I said, in therms of a perfect beam, the McR's are hard to beat:grin2:

Best regards

_____
Tom

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom, good points made there. :rock: No single flashlight set up with a reflector or an optic can do it all so that is why I have :thinking: ...... Oh, lets say........ more than one flashlight. :whistle: ;)

Can I ask where you bought the aspherical lens, please? :grin2:

Thanks for taking the time and adding all the beamshots! :thumbsup:

Ken

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool light, very futuristic and I like how the lens doesn't protrude! The focus makes it useable over a broad range. It's got the throw of a big mag I see!

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those aspheric lenses are best for throw, but make a nice flood too when you make them focusable towards the emitter.

Only properly matched acrylic optics like Fraen can do better on torch-lumens, because they grab more lumens from the emitter. But they are not focusable.

Nice work!

I noticed Edmund sells 73mm CA aspherical lenses: Wana make a led-superthrower ??

Regards,

Ra.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is cool.
i have begun to like the partly square beam patterns, i am still trying to figure out What IS Round that we need to hit with a beam? a curled up cat? a geodestic dome? a ball? a doorknob? , oh hey i got a good one, a Keyhole.
other than the very few things, most things in life are not rounded.
Walking paths , not round. buildings, not round, people not round, cars not round, cabinetry, closets, desks, rooms, all not round?. even if you hit the beam on the roof for bouce, the roofs arent usually round.

once you bypass the idea that we THINK that a flashlight beam should be round, its pretty cool square.

Last edited:

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
One remark tho, VidPro..:

With all that junk-food, people get rounder every day !!! You'd better be prepared with a round beam-pattern at hand.. :lolsign:

Edit: I forgot.. The Moon is round..

Regards,

Ra.

Last edited: