"No thanks I dont NEED one I have a magLED" HUH?

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
So two weeks ago I bought 2 SF M6-CB's to give as gifts to my brother and father. EVERYTIME either one comes over they cant help but play with all of my lights and always end up with the M6 and looking like a kid with a new toy. So I am haveng dinner with them this weekend and I give each of them a "bag" (yes a brown bag, i am terrible at wrapping things:)). My Dad gets super excited and opens it right there and asks if it has the"big" bulb in it. So i show him how to swap MN20 for the MN21 and he proceeds to light up our waitress every 30 seconds. Luckily they both got 50 CR123's as well. My brother on the other hand says "ahh no thanks i have that magLED you gave us for christmas and thats good enough" WTF:ohgeez: I am just dumbfounded. He insists that it would not get used and just sit in the box. Also said "i could probably trade it for something i guess, but you should really just keep it so it gets used"
Anyway had to vent and now have 2 M6's for me:lolsign:. i guess one gets the MN21 and one with the MN20.

Pyle

jram67

Newly Enlightened
Man, I wish I had your luck. You get the credit for doing the right thing (being a nice guy, giving the gifts), but get to keep the gift for yourself. You lucky SOB!!!!!

cutlerylover

Banned
HUH, well at least he was honest, if it wont get used he would rather see you have it...but still, it stinks because Im sure you were excited to see his excitment, which was kind of a downer when he said no thanks...oh well at least your dad is a happy!

Pyle-IT

Newly Enlightened
I already had the flat bezel style for myself its actually called the MAGNUMLIGHT not even the GUARDIAN, and now have a CB Guardian version as well:grin2:. Not sure if i am going to offload one in the BST or not. I will probably wait till i "must have:lolsign:" another light, then sell or trade one of them. Yep cant choose family, but can TRY to show them the light. I guess at least he kept the magLED.

Cydonia

Enlightened
Don't give friends and family Maglites. They will hang on to them forever thinking it's the best. For a first time light gift, give one that will get them hooked with awesome power. If you had got you dad and brother that SF first, instead of a MagLED, they would be innoculated against cheap lights (M*g included) forever. Well, that's my theory anyways...

Innoculate friends and family against inferior lights by getting the ideal light first.
You only have one shot at showing them the true way, so don't blow it!

:candle:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not gonna go and say that I wouldn't love to have an M6 but it really just isn't that ideal for every day use, a Mag Led has superior runtime, but it would make a great LED host, 3 17670's or nimh's. If it were me I would mod it.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Pyle-IT said:
So two weeks ago I bought 2 SF M6-CB's to give as gifts to my brother and father. EVERYTIME either one comes over they cant help but play with all of my lights and always end up with the M6 and looking like a kid with a new toy. So I am haveng dinner with them this weekend and I give each of them a "bag" (yes a brown bag, i am terrible at wrapping things:)). My Dad gets super excited and opens it right there and asks if it has the"big" bulb in it. So i show him how to swap MN20 for the MN21 and he proceeds to light up our waitress every 30 seconds. Luckily they both got 50 CR123's as well. My brother on the other hand says "ahh no thanks i have that magLED you gave us for christmas and thats good enough" WTF:ohgeez: I am just dumbfounded. He insists that it would not get used and just sit in the box. Also said "i could probably trade it for something i guess, but you should really just keep it so it gets used"
Anyway had to vent and now have 2 M6's for me:lolsign:. i guess one gets the MN21 and one with the MN20.

Pyle

COOL I have always wanted a big brother… want to adopt me?:laughing:

cqbdude

Enlightened
Pyle-IT said:

Pyle

For an M6 I will be your brother sister mother cousin or even wife...:grin2:
ok..maybe not wife...:lolsign:

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, at least your brother is honest. I agree with him. It's better to tell you the truth upfront instead of taking the M6 and having it sitting there collecting dust.