LOD CE Disassembly

tibim

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else notice that you can disassemble the LOD CE just by hand power?

I was at work today playing around and discovered this. Basically, I took off the battery tube and held the bezel in my hand. The bezel is made up of two parts that screw into eachother. At first it was a little stuck, but I just twisted back and forth a few times and it loosened right up. The two peices seperated and I was left with the Lens + reflector assembly and then the LED + driver assembly.

After removing the lens + reflector, I think I might use some Lye and remove the anodizing, since this will be a keychain light I think it would hold up better without anodizing.

-tibim

True

Newly Enlightened
This is interesting information. I don't think I have any reason to disassemble mine... but if I ever do (future mods, anyone? :)) I know I can.

By the way, I've been roughing mine in my pocket with my keys for a couple of weeks, as well as putting it through some harsh work environments (taped to drills removing drywall with heavy drywall dust, etc), and it's holding up pretty well. The only markings showing on it so far are from the keychain ring, and that is only visible if you are looking very closely at it. I'm quite happy with how it looks.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd be interested in close-up photos of the circuit board.