What's all the fuss about?

evh

Newly Enlightened
Pardon me for being ignorant. I sometimes wonder why people keep wanting "Chinese Light" manufacturers to change their lights so it becomes more like "American Lights". Wouldn't 2 different products actually suit the market better than 2 almost similar ones? What if Fenix/JETBeam had a forward clickie, tactical momentary on, runs on 2 cr123, OP reflector, underrated their lumens and better HAIII? I'd charge an extra 150-200 bucks and call them Surefire. :laughing: Ha ha. Just kidding.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of us have a rather strong allergic reaction to reverse clickies... :barf:

Its quite simple, we all want the same thing...
1026 lumens, perfect laser beam spot adjustable to 120* flood, 100 CRI, with a 50 hour runtime from a battery that fits in my nostril, and a UI that reads my mind so all I have to do is think and it turns on with just the right ammount of light, made of duratanium alloy with tritium inserts, and recharges automatically whenever I scratch myself.
How hard is that? :grin2:

xiaowenzu

Banned
PhantomPhoton said:
Some of us have a rather strong allergic reaction to reverse clickies...

AH..AH....AH CHOO!! :laughing::laughing: Oops sorry I just sneezed. Bless me Surefires. :D

PhantomPhoton said:
1026 lumens, perfect laser beam spot adjustable to 120* flood, 100 CRI, with a 50 hour runtime from a battery that fits in my nostril, and a UI that reads my mind so all I have to do is think and it turns on with just the right ammount of light, made of duratanium alloy with tritium inserts, and recharges automatically whenever I scratch myself.

Not too hard really. NovaTac is coming out in a month. :D

Last edited:

evh

Newly Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You forgot babe magnet.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its all about what people can really afford, some of these lights perform very well
and are Creed up and ready to go

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its depends on personal preferences IMHO. With many options available nowadays one could not invest in all right? Some may be able to but I am sure many couldn't. So choosing the right one is tricky and you wouldn't want to buy one is its not up to your satisfaction even if prices differ greatly between brands...

evh

Newly Enlightened
I guess what i'm trying to say is love something for what it is but don't hate something for what it's not.

xiaowenzu

Banned
evh said:
I guess what i'm trying to say is love something for what it is but don't hate something for what it's not.
I guess we flasholics are too passionate about our lights! :lolsign:

evh

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a flashaholic yet, at least untill i purchased a SF for myself. :)

winston

Enlightened
from a battery that fits in my nostril, and a UI that reads my mind so all I have to do is think and it turns on with just the right ammount of light, made of duratanium alloy with tritium inserts, and recharges automatically whenever I scratch myself.
How hard is that?

I can't believe you're not going to spend the few extra bucks to get the unobtanium body. It's got HA-7 anodizing. :shakehead Some people...
-Winston

r0b0r

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:

:sold: :lolsign:

I've still got two kidneys. That should cover it :D

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Surefire, CPF is just a tiny market. They do not care what we want, nor should they.

However, it's my impression that CPF is Fenix's major market. They should listen.

Pokerstud

Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:

:thumbsup: :clap:

roverjohn

Newly Enlightened
PhantomPhoton said:

I want a flashlight that pushes back a little bit when I turn it on. That way when I have my head turned to avoid the glare I still know it's working.

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
elgarak said:
For Surefire, CPF is just a tiny market. They do not care what we want, nor should they.

However, it's my impression that CPF is Fenix's major market. They should listen.

Is this true? I have often wondered where Fenix's major market lies since I have never heard of them outside this forum.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
mdocod said:
CREE!!! I said CREE!!! Jaffa Cree! Now, they are getting away!!
LOL! Ever since these crees came out I've had this in the back of my head clawing away at my brainsack.. now I'm laughing my *** off. :laughing:

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bomo said:
Is this true? I have often wondered where Fenix's major market lies since I have never heard of them outside this forum.
Exactly. That's why I came up with this as my personal theory. Could be wrong, though.

flash_bang

Enlightened
roverjohn said:
I want a flashlight that pushes back a little bit when I turn it on. That way when I have my head turned to avoid the glare I still know it's working.
exactly! I've always wanted a light that kicked-back :laughing:
after all, why don't photons do that? *ponders to the Pinky and the Brain theme*