Happy First Day of Spring!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Today (03-21-07) is the start of spring in the northern hemisphere.
Nothing special here (like the surprise snow we received in Seattle several years ago), but today *IS* the first day of spring. :)

So, happy spring to all northern hemisphere CPFers!!! :thumbsup:

Woods

Newly Enlightened
Second that! Daffodils are blooming, trees are just starting to bud, I mowed the yard today for the first time and burned brush in short sleeves.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bah humbug....I like the extened fall we have here, yes no winter, so when spring comes we usually go straight to friggin hot. :ohgeez:

I live where the OP lives.:laughing:

To those of you with snot-cicles congrats on your coming warmth.:)

CLHC

Flashaholic
I prefer the warm spring weather here where I live, but cannot stand the allergies associated with it. . .

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's been spring-like here for at least a couple weeks. there is a nearby mountain covered with lilac bushes that turned white with blooms a few days ago. there was a warm breeze blowing from that direction carrying the perfume....absolutely intoxicating...!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh god, already? *looks at the date - 03/22*
Yep... man time flies sometimes. And it just seems to go faster as we get older.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I love springtime. Longer days, budding trees, the robins singing again, gentle breezes that finally carry a hint of warmth in them, the promise of life renewed. Looking forward to all of it!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As I posted on the first day of spring 2002:

================================================================================================================
Ahhh, the first day of spring.
Free daffodils handed out on every street corner, the sound of birds happily chirping, the smell of fresh baked goods & coffee wafting in the air, and the musical vocalisations of people singing Christmas songs?!?

spring0.jpg

spring1.jpg

spring3.jpg

These were taken from my 3rd floor room in downtown Seattle about half an hour ago, a location that rarely sees snow at all, let alone this late in the year. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my fresh daffodils in a vase and then hang up some Christmas lights.
================================================================================================================

cutlerylover

Banned
Ok I didnt think spring would ever come by me...here in PA...considering we got almost 2 feet of snow just last week...but today I woke up to lots of birds singing and they wouldnt stop all day so I think spring is finaly here...

jds009

Enlightened
cutlerylover said:
Ok I didnt think spring would ever come by me...here in PA...considering we got almost 2 feet of snow just last week...but today I woke up to lots of birds singing and they wouldnt stop all day so I think spring is finaly here...

Haha, been like that for almost a moth now here! :grin2: must have sucked...warmth is good!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well not as bad as Alaskawolf in Fairbanks, but generally speaking, growing up in Vermont usually after the first day of spring, the temperature usually don't get below zero (F) anymore. However two days ago, dad reported 9 below. The leaves will not come out and the grass will not need mowing until sometime in May. Here in Mass, things are moved up by a few weeks but still aways away before we'll see much blooming. Having said that I'm glad I don't live somewhere where things are already starting to get hot. I was in Parker, AZ. four years ago, just three weeks after the first day of Spring when they hit 100 already. Sasha knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts