Purpose of little nubbins on SSC/Lux emitters?

zeeexsixare

Newly Enlightened
So attached to the plastic enveloping the slug are four protrusions from the emitter itself. Two of them are the positive and negative leads. What about the little vestigial arms that have the one open cut end to show the negative lead? Do they serve any purpose other than as a marker, or do they function in the operation of the emitter?

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
They can be used to hook up power to the LED. It's like with the K2 where they have 4 legs. Any real use? I don't really see one besides marking polarity.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are used to hold the part on the carrier during production of the part and forming the leads, then the emitters are snipped from the carrier at these two locations.

Dan C

Enlightened
tebore said:
They can be used to hook up power to the LED. It's like with the K2 where they have 4 legs. Any real use? I don't really see one besides marking polarity.

I learned the hard way that on the Seoul they are 'dead', and cannot be used for connections.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan C said:
I learned the hard way that on the Seoul they are 'dead', and cannot be used for connections.

That's interesting I haven't tried it with teh Seoul but I tried it with Luxs and Edison and it worked.