* Arc-AAA Special/Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings! This is the general discussion thread for the Special and Limited edition Arc-AAA's.

These include the LE, CPF edition, XR, EV and others.

Enjoy...

Peter Gransee

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Peter...

I see from reading the original thread that the ordering process for the CPF edition will start sometime this weekend.

I`ll be out of state and away from my computer the next three days. So...can you give me some insight on how you`re going to set up the ordering system?

For instance, will it be "first come-first served", or will there rather be a time frame for everyone who might want one to get an order in and then the lucky winners will be selected through a lottery?

(If necessary, I guess I`ll just knock on the doors of strangers along the route of my trip and ask to use their computer for a few minutes.)

Thanks for your help!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Peter you mentioned brass Arc's on the other thread. A couple posts before that you mentioned funding CPF. How about an auction for some of your test lights to benefit CPF? Waranty would have to be addressed in advance and some details like that, but I'm sure many members would love the double benefit. Just a thought
smile.gif

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Brass? Gold Plated? Hey Peter those were not on the product list! Just when you think you have all the toys you want someone points out that you missed some.

On another note David if you ever decide to have an auction to raise money I would not be against donating something.

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
Ahh...what I wouldn't give for a brass XR w/ a red LED...or a brass LE for that matter!!!
wink.gif

BTW, when is the XR coming out???

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass Arc`s for sale...?

If they`re coming up for sale this weekend, I`m cancelling my planned trip out of town.

BTW, Peter, may I suggest that you market them as the Arc "Balls" flashlight.

grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi, I'm kinda behind on the various versions of the Arc-AAAs. Can some kind soul please enlighten me? Thanks
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by klee:
Hi, I'm kinda behind on the various versions of the Arc-AAAs. Can some kind soul please enlighten me? Thanks
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take a stab at it...

Most of us are joking around at this point, so it is easy to get confused. But here's what I think I know:

1. Standard AAA - available in all LED colors with black HA III case. All should be at version 3.0 soon.

2. AAA LE - with a "whiter" white LED and natural colored HA III body is in limited supply (as the name suggests). Some at version 3.0, some half way to 3.0, and most that we own are not at 3.0.

3. CPF edition - blue body (HA III), same white LED as LE, unique etching. Will be available as early as this weekend. Should be 100% version 3.0

4. AAA XR - Extended run version of the standard AAA. Two types were prototyped and tested by Craig. One was XXXR, and one XR. We're talking days of light here. There are prototypes, but no production schedule that I've yet heard. These were prototyped for a specific client.

5. AAA turquoise EV - brightest version of standard turquoise AAA. Will be at dealers soon, but be in limited supply, and with no markings to distinguish them. (it is only slightly brighter, and Peter says he can't really tell the difference in a real-world eyeball comparison).

Peter talked about various plated ones that are NOT for sale, but are just machinist's fantasy.

I think that covers it for the AAA line. Hope I didn't get anything too wrong.

Harrkev

Enlightened
I see an oportunity here for ARC flashlight to make some real money...

Anybody who knows knives knows that Gill Hibben makes "fantasy" knives, and charges a lot for them. Perhaps there is a market for "fantasy" flashlights.

Maybe a toilet plunger with a nice metal handle. And guess what whould be in the end of the handle....
wink.gif

Seriously, any "unique" flashlights could be thrown on eBay. Just post a link here. You might be surprised how much some prototypes could go for.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I hope the CPF edition is going to be available soon! I don't know why I want one but I do!

Does anybody know if the CPF edition incorporates all of the version 3 improvements like Chemkote and whatever else has been changed? I believe that the CPF edition has the new knurling.

I'd like to throw my new product suggestion into the mix with everybody's elses. How about a AA powered ARC with 2 LEDs? I would guess that it should have more runtime than the current ARC since an AA a little more than double the capacity of an AAA. I doubt this will be produced but it was worth a shot.

What about increasing the brightness of the standard ARC AAA? Can this be done or is the LED being driven at max current already? I noticed today that my Photon 3 is just a bit brighter than my LE.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UCH:
I noticed today that my Photon 3 is just a bit brighter than my LE.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just leave them both on for about 15 minutes. That'll fix the problem.
grin.gif

Alright Peter, I've got my mouse hand warmed up and my credit card out...

linearintigrator

Newly Enlightened
just received my first order of ARC-AAA's! one yellow and one UV. my wife grabbed the yellow one for herself right away. the second order should be here monday, a red and a white one. after actually using one for a couple of days i am extremely impressed and gave my two Infinitys away. a CPF edition and an XR would really hold me over until the LS's reach full production. GREAT PRODUCTS, THANKS, dave.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't let your wife see the White LED one she'll grab that and give you the yellow back.
tongue.gif
The White LED is sooo much nicer.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Gransee said that if there was enough interest, the brass lights could become a reality. 30 already exist. I know I may be campainging to hard but I would like to know. How many of us in here would by a brass Arc-B-AAA-LE? I quickly became interested in a brass light after seeing this. I have brass everything else around the house, why not a Brass Arc-AAA? While on the subject, a brass LS would be nice too. Speak up, who wants brass???

yaleflashlight.jpg]

Andrew

Newly Enlightened
I'm not interested in a brass ARC-LE, but I think there would be a decent market for jewelry-quality ARC-LEs. Sometimes you want to give a gift that's a bit nicer than knurled anodized aluminum (although i'd take knurled aluminum any day!); maybe sterling silver, gold, or platinum would do the trick. Everyone needs a little flashlight, and some people are obsessed with accessorizing. This would be the perfect gift for them.

This works for LED lights because they last so long. I don't think it would work for something like a maglite, since those are such a pain to deal with, having to swap out the light bulb and batteries so often, and performing so poorly when the batteries are drained. There are a ton of maglite solitaires that sit around unused (i've had one for a while that hasn't been used in years), but i doubt that there are many ARC-AAAs which suffer the same fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.