Just put a Seoul in my E1L. I like it alot. Nice.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my E1L today and immediatly put a USWOH Seoul P4 in there. Wow! I'm using the batterystation 3.7V 900mah RCR123s so it runs in 2 cell mode. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the output and beam. I didn't even raise the emitter since I'll probably order a McR20 Seoul for it. But the beam looks good. I hazard to guess at the output but a Seoul P4 at 500mah is prolly putting out 130-ish lumens at the emitter. Someone else here has already posted beamshot pics of the same thing. Its a nice mod...

ROK

Enlightened
Swap the LED? Not easy and terrible work!
You can use only emitter for KL1( you can use star to older version KL1 with some filing) because of the shape of heatsink.
Manzerick said:
Was this an easy swap? I just bought a star and Don't know where to use it yet

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. Emitter only for this. Its kinda tight quarters in there. I'm using the stock optic right now, but I'm going to order the McR20 Seoul tomorrow.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Right. Emitter only for this. Its kinda tight quarters in there. I'm using the stock optic right now, but I'm going to order the McR20 Seoul tomorrow.

You won't be disappointed.

700club

Newly Enlightened
I know how you feel, I love mine too!

Enjoy

KDOG3 said:
I got my E1L today and immediatly put a USWOH Seoul P4 in there. Wow! I'm using the batterystation 3.7V 900mah RCR123s so it runs in 2 cell mode. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the output and beam. I didn't even raise the emitter since I'll probably order a McR20 Seoul for it. But the beam looks good. I hazard to guess at the output but a Seoul P4 at 500mah is prolly putting out 130-ish lumens at the emitter. Someone else here has already posted beamshot pics of the same thing. Its a nice mod...

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got done putting a Seoul P4 in my old style KL1. Its using a IMS17 reflector right now and it ROCKS! I think you'll really like your E1L once you get the McR20 in the KDOG.

Very impressive for its size.

schiesz

ROK

Enlightened
I also have a modded old KL1 that has a SSC P4, McR20-S & thinner mineral glass lens.
I don't need L4 anymore. :whistle:
schiesz said:
I just got done putting a Seoul P4 in my old style KL1. Its using a IMS17 reflector right now and it ROCKS! I think you'll really like your E1L once you get the McR20 in the KDOG.

Very impressive for its size.

schiesz

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
so what makes more difference: a cree or sscP4 in a TIR optic.. or ths stock LuxIII with a McR20 optic?
If you only had to do one and you like throw more than flood... what would you do?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
carbine15 said:
so what makes more difference: a cree or sscP4 in a TIR optic.. or ths stock LuxIII with a McR20 optic?
If you only had to do one and you like throw more than flood... what would you do?

I've only used the SSC P4's. I tried it with the TIR optic and without and also tried to use both at the same time(does'nt work, bezel won't screw down) The TIR optic throws well, but you really need to see it in person to make that decision. I thought I'd like the TIR more, but after trying it with the Mcr20.....I have to say that it is just so much more useful than the TIR optic. IMO. I suggest the Mcr20 and if you don't like it just sell it to me. I'll buy it.:grin2: I have to say with the reflector installed it throws exceptionally well. It just amazes me EVERYTIME I use it.....I'm dead serious. It impresses me just that much! Good Luck!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I have a sscp4 on the way so I'll be trying my tir optic first. I'm mostly interested in pocket sized throw.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. I sold that light though. But regretted it. I like the E1Ls' small size alot. A nice "sleeper" light. I also like that the Seoul with the stock optic produces a round beam not the squarish beam like before.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Yup. I sold that light though. But regretted it. I like the E1Ls' small size alot. A nice "sleeper" light. I also like that the Seoul with the stock optic produces a round beam not the squarish beam like before.

I don't mind the square beam at all. I'm mostly after throw. I know it's brighter but does the Seoul throw more or is the beam more dispursed than the luxIII?

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank You sir!

I have an old style that I was itching to mess with by placing a star in 'der :)

KDOG3 said:

VWTim

Enlightened
What lens are you guys using with the Mcr20's? I haven't had my KL1 apart (later Optic unit) but if it has a pyrex domed lens I'd prefer to use that for the shock protection. Any thoughts?