I bought two rexlights instead of one Lumapower M3

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
I bought the M3 and the rexlight..... I have not received either yet.. I hope I didn't make two mistakes!!!!!
Heli

coppertrail

Enlightened
I like the M3. I've not played with it too much as time has not permitted. It's extremely verstaile with all the tubes that come with it, and the beam is nice. I too ordered a Rexlight 2.0.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im sorry, but what is the point of this thread? Couldnt you post in one of the other rexlight threads? I dont see how this is necessary, Its clutter...

riffraff

Enlightened
I bought a Rexlight and an M1...the M3 seemed a bit pricey. Although, now that I think about it, I had planned on getting a 123A tube for the Rex; if they're outrageous (say, $20 for the one tube), then maybe I shoulda gone with the M3? Eh, we'll see.

Ah, but that's what makes this hobby interesting, right? :whistle:

adnj

Enlightened
Ouch! That feels mean.

nakahoshi said:
Im sorry, but what is the point of this thread? Couldnt you post in one of the other rexlight threads? I dont see how this is necessary, Its clutter...

reltor

Newly Enlightened
nakahoshi said:

:touche:

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
nakahoshi said:

I guess I was just looking for reassurance that I did not make a mistake. Considering in the last month I spent a ~2 bills on 2 fenix's terralux upgrades, 2 rex lights and a battery charger. Kind of ironic that I live in a city and really dont need them at all.

Martini

Enlightened
Perfectionist said:
I didn't buy either a RexLight or an M3 ..... did I make a mistake ?? !! :D
Maybe, but you'll have a chance to buy either one at near the same price (thanks to B/S/T) after there are a multitude of reviews.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Martini said:
Maybe, but you'll have a chance to buy either one at near the same price (thanks to B/S/T) after there are a multitude of reviews.
Exactly ..... although I'm saving up for a NovaTac ..... after the reviews come out of course ..... :D

And I can't wait for a price drop on the L0D-CE ..... I'm gonna buy a dozen for the family !!

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I can't wait for a price drop on the L0D-CE ..... I'm gonna buy a dozen for the family !!
Those LOD-CE lights are amazing, of all the ones I have, people are by far impresesd the most by the L0D-CE (and it's the one that others usually get the most exposure to of my lights -- on my keychain) if those went down in price, they'd definitely be awesome for gifts.

As it is, I bought a few Rexlights, plan to give a couple away as gifts for those who I know could use good flashlights (including a relative that is a plumber, could use a good EDC light for work) that runs on typical alkaline batteries. While I love the LiIon Rechargeable lights for my own use, they aren't practical as gifts for most people -- Rexlight will work both ways, which is nice.

For a lower budget gift (ie to give to several, instead of a select couple) the $10 "Elite" (Cree + Elly) is a great deal as well.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the M3 and am very happy, been using the 1xCR123a tube for EDC uses and keep the light in my pocket. When at home and inside, can switch to the AA's (NiMH's to keep costs down).

runtimes have just been started to arrive - check out my M3 lumapower summary thread around the LED subforums. You won't believe how long these are on a lithium AA and on medium output!

but no need for you to be unhappy IMO, you obviously bought the rexlight because the specs worked for you, so enjoy!

technology will continue to advance, and in many ways it is better to be getting lights on the cheaper side that you can easily discard every 2 years or so for the latest tech (in yet another cheap--relatively speaking of course) light!

riffraff

Enlightened
DrifT3R said:
i think you made a mistake because there's no point of having 2 of the same light. [...]
Wha...?:huh2:

Of course you two of the same light...one in each hand, so you don't tip over... :grin2:

Timdog68

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 rexlights instead of an M3 as well.
I am not a big fan of the two AA lentgh lights so although its nice to get all the stuff in one package I think it is a waste for my needs.
My only concern was buying the rexlight without seeing an actual CR123 body.
The concept drawing looks like a twisty?
But for $60.00(shipping included) I "hopefully" have two very nice flashlights.
I may keep one as a single "A" and keep one as a CR123 depending on how the tube looks and its cost.
I was all set to buy the M3 but I realized I prefer to buy what I need rather then pay for stuff I won't use.
But then again you may see two rexlights in the b/s/t forum in a few weeks and me trying to buy an M3 off of somebody.
I reserve the right to be wrong:laughing:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Timdog68,

I agree that one shouldn't buy these multi-tube lights if they won't use the extra flexibility given by the extra tubes.

I think people who are very loyal to one brand (say HDS) like the multi-tubes because they can stick with their favorite light.

Others who don't mind using different lights by different companies may have less interest in multi-tubes.

Personally I am somewhere in between, and have two multi-tube lights by two different companies, but will not look to buy more in the multi-tube formfactor.

SoundMix

Newly Enlightened
I believe you made the right choice. Have you considered using a 14500 instead of buying a tube and using the CR123?