• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Fenix MillerMod LOP 3-Stage SOLD

Ned

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Fenix MillerMod LOP 3-Stage PHOTO

I just took this pic of the light. It is in like new condition. I've replaced the battery once.

FenixL0PMM.jpg

Ned

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Fenix MillerMod LOP 3-Stage

Miller Mod LOP is the Fenix model and 3-Stage refers to the three stages of illumination. This is the product code used by the Fenix Store from whom I bought the light.

All the best

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a great light. I've used mine every day for over a year and it's been totally trouble free. Someone buy it before I convince myself I need a backup :)

Greg

LightScene

Enlightened

What kind of led does it have? How bright is it on high?

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

I can't believe this thing isn't gone already. It's a fantastic little light. I already have too many EDCs so I can't justify buying it.

Ned

Newly Enlightened
FS: Fenix MillerMod LOP 3-Stage ANSWERS

Lightscene

To answer your questions: 1: it has a Luxeon 1 W R-Bin LED. 2: On high it nominally draws 450 ma.

I don't know about exact lume differences between the stock Fenix L0P and the Fenix LOP MillerMod (MM), but the MM is much brighter on its highest setting than the stock L0P of the July 2006 era. One thread on the Candlepower forum indicates it is about twice the brightness. That seems right to me using my Mk II eyeballs to measure the light output. My SWAG would be between 50 and 50 lumens on birghtest setting.

The MM-L0P also introduced a very slick progressive three-way switch. As you twist it on it gets progressively brighter in three steps from dimmest to brightest. None of the back and forth with less than 1.5 sec delay you need with the L0P-CE. It is a much easier way to adjust brightness than the current Fenix method, and it does not have the useless and annoying morse code and strobe settings.

In my opinion this is a better light ergonomically because it is more logical, e.g., "tighter=brighter", it can be operated one-handed, it comes on at the dimmest setting, also battery life should be longer than the new CE versions, and it is plenty bright for a tiny AAA light.

I don't know if all this justifies the $20 I'm asking over a new Fenix L0P, but after seeing my wife fumble with the back and forth switching of my new Fenix P1D-CE - and finally give up in frustration- I would say the MM-L0P would be the better choice for anyone who might be frustrated or annoyed by the overly complicated new Fenix switch logic, or someone that wants single-handed operation.

In case you've forgotten I'm asking $65 shipped USPS Priority in CONUS. Slightly more for overseas shipment. Paypal preferred.

NB: These lights cost $100+ shipped last summer. They are no longer being sold. This is a pristine example with a Fenix box, and a separate clip.

Here's my email address:
nederick.jpg

Picture is of the actual light I am selling.

FenixL0PMM.jpg

dk0013

Newly Enlightened

I've had one of these on my keychain for a little over a year with no problems. Its had lots of use and has held up fine on my keychain, there is not even a single scrath on the lens yet. They're great lights. I swapped out the emitter on mine for a SX0H.