I Need a New Torch

Mactrix

Newly Enlightened
Hey everybody,
I need a new torch and looking around I'm finding surefire is the best.
I was looking at the U2 but I had a few questions

1. What is the most powerful LED surefire torch?
2. What is the most powerful LED torch?
3. Whats the longest lasting (Battery) Surefire INCANDESCENT?
4. Whats the longest lasting (Battery) INCANDESCENT?

Im looking at the U2 but any other recommendations? I need a 10+ Hour battery life.

Cheers,
Mactrix :grin2:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The brightest Surefire LED is the yet to be released Cree Surefire (coming in a few months).

The current brightest LED from Surefire is the L2(100 lumen).

The brightest LED is probably one of the multi Cree or Seoul lights that you can find on this site, like This one(<300 lumen).

The brightest Single LED is probably this http://www.malkoffdevices.com (twice as bright as the Surefire)

The brightest flashlight for the value is the Ultrafire C2(about 100 lumen) or the Eastwardj U2-Cree(160-180 lumen) on Dealextreme(warm tint) or Kaidomain(cool tint and the website is down for now). They use the 18650 rechargeable Lithum batteries.

The Lumapower M1(100 lumen) is also a good light to consider

All chinese flashlight use a reverse clickie wich means they don't have a momentary mode like Surefire.

The longest batterylife of Incandescent Surefire is the 10X Dominator

The Longest batterly life of an incandescent flashlight, I don't know

The new Cree and Seoul LEDs are twice as efficent as the "older" Luxeon LEDs.

For 10+ hours of light, you can buy the Surefire L1, U2, Fenix L1D-CE, L2D-CE, and a few more.

High Brightness, Small Size, Long Runtime, pick any TWO

Welcome to Candlepowerforums, enjoy your stay.:)

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you need a Milkyspit modded SureFire L1 called an ML1. He can put a Seoul emitter in the old-style (or new for that matter) body, giving around 100 lumens on high, and a low runtime of around 100 hours.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple of other questions you should ask yourself, like which size, prize, battery and most important of all, what are you going to use your light for? If you really want bright, you should be looking at HIDs, but there are a lot of other factors to take in to consideration, like bigger size, startup time etc.
Surefire makes superb lights, but I find it unwize to limit yourself to just one company. Tell us a bit more about youre requirements and will try to help you out. If you just want BRIGHT and LONGEST LASTING you could wind up with a REALLY big light with a big battery.

And welcome to the forum! :)

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner 12 pretty much summed up just about everything I would have suggested. If you need sevreal hours continuous runtime at maximum possible brightness, Malkoff's modified Maglite (IIRC around $100) will probably be the best bet -- 200 lumens for hours on end on cheap D cells. I will also vouch for the Lumapower M1 as a good option -- on an 18650 you get 4 hours on high (around 100 lumens) or up to 27 hours on low. Build quality is superb. Ultrafire C2 is also a great bargain, best flashlight I've ever had at the <$25 price point by far. I think a multi-level light is definitely a good idea though, especially if you need long runtime. For the money, 18650 batteries are a good deal too --rechargeable and longer runtime than 2 CR123 cells, in a similar sized package.

Last edited:

Latest posts