Do you keep your Flashlight packagings?

• NO

Votes: 65 36.9%
  • YES

Votes: 111 63.1%

• Total voters

xiaowenzu

Banned
Are you like me and find it difficult to throw away that shiny, lovely packaging/box that came with your light? :laughing: I especially love those cardbox boxes that have a lot of info on them. Eg those that which come with my Surefire purchases - looks retro... while the worse kinds are plastic bags for Chinese lights! eww. :barf:
I also love those blister packs such as those for my Maglites.

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
Re: Do you keep Flashlight packagings?

Normally I will throw it under my bed. Just in caes if I can reuse it for selling, or for warranty purposes.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Do you keep Flashlight packagings?

I keep the packaging and purchase receipt for everything (lights, knives, gadgets, computer stuff, bike parts, etc).

xiaowenzu

Banned
Beware: Flashlight packages provide evidence to our wives that we are indeed flashaholics. Be very careful guys! :D

Elton

Newly Enlightened
kind of hard to keep it after you tear it all to hell trying to get it open

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
only for a WHILE, so i voted no.

but i like the comment about trying to pry it out of them plastic SAFES that stores sell stuff in.

xiaowenzu

Banned
VidPro said:
only for a WHILE, so i voted no.

but i like the comment about trying to pry it out of them plastic SAFES that stores sell stuff in.

yea, those blister packs actually give you blisters trying to pry them open! :laughing:

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
I usually throw them out. I do keep the boxes for my knives, since I am more likely to sell them.

DM51

Flashaholic
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

:D

Ahhh... the ribbing continues. Just a bit of exaggeration there... I only have 7 so far, with 2 of them still en-route! :)

Best wishes,
Bawko
"So far"?? So you DO mean to buy more of them!!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
xiaowenzu said:
yea, those blister packs actually give you blisters trying to pry them open! :laughing:

Totally agree!

There´s a swedish inventor that came up with a solution for this blister packing problems. He invented a glue that stick the blister package together, not by melting it together. And when you wanted to open the package you just run a very low current thru the part thats glued together and the package would open! No tearing or cutting!

This really works great! He showed how strong the glue was by gluing 24Xsoda cans togeter! They could be transported that way whithout any support from the wellpap! And then you just put it on a bench with two contacts underneath to get the current to run thru the cans and VIOLA!

Dont think it have mad it to the market yet so for now we have to keep our knives sharp! :)

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
I toss the plastic but save the cardboard or paper data sheets and place them in an envelope with all my other flashlight reference material that goes into a filing cabinet. It saves looking up info on the internet when you have a question about your gear.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
i always keep my surefire boxes, then i stick them above my compter as a display. right alongside my surefire calander and PK autographed surefire hat.