Found a home for my new addiction!

LoneWolfUSMC

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.

I was looking for a EDC light to carry with my off-duty weapon. I carry three lights when I am on duty so it seemed kind of stupid for me not to carry any when I wasn't working. I read through a lot here and you guys helped steer me to a Surefire L2. I have been a long time Surefire fan (this is my fourth). Now I am already looking at getting a Milkyspit ML1 since it has basically the same features in a smaller package! (BTW, my L2 is only a day old while I contemplate a new purchase).

I guess now I have to add high end flashlights to my gun/knife addiction. At least it is still cheaper than NFA Firearms.:laughing:

Anyone know any modifications for a Streamlight SL35? That is my main work light due to size and power. I love the fact that I can walk into a pitch black room, point the SL35 at the ceiling and light the whole room up. I know they discontinued it (PC *******s), but it is still the best Duty flashlight I have found.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
LoneWolfUSMC said:
Anyone know any modifications for a Streamlight SL35?
That's one big stick--17.5 inches!

Search for "SL35" in the CPF search box at the top of this page, and you'll see fewer than 300 hits. You can get through them all in an evening. Most mods involve using the SL35 bulb in a shorter body. But here's a thread for an SL35 mod.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF - You may know Surefire will be putting the Cree XR-E LED's in some of their lights in the next few months - which of course means a lot more light or a lot more runtime. Some of my personal favorites besides Surefire would be Gladius and HDS EDC Ultimate 60 (soon to be U120's available). Also still think the SF L4 is a great little light - sold my L2 for the L4 and have not regretted that one bit.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought this was going to be a thread about how you bought a new house to store your flashlights.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Have you seen the newer Cree lights, the Fenix L2D-CE put out more light then the L2 and is cheaper too $55 at Fenix-Store, of course, you loose the momentary mode, the customer service and the quality(still very good but not the best). There's a few more ones too (Lumapower M1, Ultrafire C2...) but they all lack momentary mode and they are meant to project light not create a wall of light like the L2.

Just wait till Surefire comes out with the Cree lights.