What if....

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have a custom titanium body with copper heat sink light built. 7 XREs (Q3 bin) to provide the lumens. Pay $$$$ for the body and have Georges80 finish off his MaxFlex/FatFlex boards for drivers.

Have McGizmo build me a titanium bezel/aluminum head light with a 2AA tailpack. Wrap a little carbon fiber around the titanium 2AA pack for grip. A nice clickie on the end and a Cree at 20/150/750mA settings.

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
Good question. I'd offer an obscene amount of cash for current HDS AA, and all other applicable battery tubes, though rare, that were made at some point. I'd offer even more cash to get my hands on some of the disclosed but never fully released HDS lights, like the heavy duty version.

Then, as has already been mentioned I would buy almost anything and everything from Surefire, including the Beast :grin2: .

After that, I'd take the cash over to newgraham.com and invest heavily in another one of my money wasting passions :ohgeez: .

Raptor#

Newly Enlightened
Way too much to write down here... lets just say i'd rather get a few* costums and modded lights instead of SF's.

Wayne (Elektrolumens), Mac (macsmods) and probably a few others would be pretty busy. :naughty: Well ok, actually im pretty sure they are already pretty busy, but you know what i mean. :whistle:

(* = a shitload :D )

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
If cost was no object, with present day technology, I would have the following custom-engineered, in something approximately the same size as a 2C mag flashlight:
  • 6 Cree LEDs of the nicest color rendering available
  • A custom TIR collimating optic to efficiently project the beam from all of these forward
  • A secondary, adjustable optic to focus the output (all optics are multi-coated for max. efficiency)
  • Driver circuit to power all the LEDs in series, with continuously variable dimming, using an electronic side-switch control similar to Photon Freedom interface (click and hold to make dimmer, or if off, click and hold to make brighter).
  • 2 LiIon "C" batteries to provide the juice, should be able to drive all six of the above for a straight hour at max brightness (1A), match any exist single-emitter Cree light on the market for 10 hours, and provide still-useful "low" output for almost 100 hours.
  • Case would be hard anodized aluminum designed for durability and maximum heat dissipation
In a couple years, when those Lumileds LEDs finally come out that can run at 2A come out, and produce 500 lumens from each, basically, repeat everything I said above, but in a 2D host, with 7 emitters -- HID brightness (3500 lumens from the emitters) but with all the versatility of LEDs -- momentary use, continuously variable dimmming, extremely high efficiency at lower levels. For that one it may be necessary to integrate heatpiping to the heatsink -- essentially copper tubing filled with a fluid such as ammonia that acts like a passive heat-exchanger.

cerbie

Enlightened
Something(s) small from McGizmo ending with PD. I've paid attention to utility and cost (read: cheap!) since lurking here (well before I joined), and while I see many cool lights, his are the only ones I can drool over. Cleverly designed, tough, absolutely gorgeous, and priced to match. I have no way of justifying such a purchase--but if I could... :naughty:

I'd also get some cool battery chargers to play with...

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Money no object eh!?! Well I'll get these:-
1) SF Hellfire and fixed it on my Pajero.
2) SF Beast for me to carry around my farm
3) Start Collecting all limited edition lights available nowadays.......he he he

PARIS

Newly Enlightened
A Polarion PH40 Helios HID !! The ultimate in Searchlights.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Among others I'd get a Damascus Chameleon and a Silver Orb Raw.

NAW

Enlightened
I'd get myself the most powerful production light ever produced. The BarnBurner HID (8500 lumens)

flash_bang

Enlightened
Atomic_Chicken said:
Greetings!

I'd buy a bunch of Surefire A2's.... hey! wait a minute... :D

Best wishes,
Bawko
One word, uncool
very uncool
:lolsign::dedhorse::goodjob:*smilie crazy :):):):):)*
have a good one,
Flash

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
I'd get one of those $3 Barbie flashlights from Target, and then ask Mac if he'd "Torchify" it. I would then be the proud owner of the only Barbie Torch. Of course, if I turned it on, it would melt, and probably start fire to itself/me/my house, but I wouldn't worry about that, since it'd be a shelf "queen". :)

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
I would get the top 10 modders from CPF to design and bulid me a range of custom lights from an EDC to a Tank light :)

Flashlight Enthusiast
A beast, every SF ton's of modding supplies, another Beast, every HID some larryK's Ton's of knives, and rechargagble batteries and primaries for everything.

flash_bang

Enlightened
65535 said:
A beast, every SF ton's of modding supplies, another Beast, every HID some larryK's Ton's of knives, and rechargagble batteries and primaries for everything.
hmmm, same for me, I believe.
Maybe a tight beam for projecting light unto the moon :whistle::whistle::whistle::rock::rock:
have a good one,
Flash