Paypal Promotion -- opt in dates are over, but you might still be eligible

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Can someone direct me to the thread that details the $15 off $30 paypal promotion that is going on?

I swear I've searched 10 different iterations of 'paypal promotion' 'paypal discount' 'paypal 15 off 30' and I keep getting IE can't display page or the other fatal search error page.

Based on the raves about the L0D CE I've read on these very pages, I MUST feed my addiction!!

** edit - new information **

The fine print is contradictory in some areas, but if you're not already in, a call to Paypal to request an email for this promotion might get you included:

Registration. You must first register for this offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/g...gnup/index.html using your PayPal account's primary email address. You are only eligible for this offer if you receive this offer in an email sent to you directly from PayPal OR if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST.

I called Paypal at the number below and the Cust Svc Rep sent me an email, which I then registered through and it verified my registration as valid. I'm going to keep screenshots and the email just as a backup though.

1-402-935-2050

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paypal Promotion

That promotion is over. You had to register for it by a certain date (it was a few weeks ago). The people who registered for it still have time to make their purchases and get the rebate. I missed it by a couple of days. :ohgeez:

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened

Ahh, thanks...I had read about it and when I tried to register it claimed only specific email addys were eligible, but I thought I had seen a way to override that.

TY for the reply...

AyeMayanor

Enlightened

When is the $15 rebate supposed to show up?

I think I registered in time. I did it the first week of March via a link someone posted here on CPF and have made four Paypal purchases since then.

EDIT: Looks like I didn't register in time.

"or if you registered for this offer between 2/8/07 and 2/15/07 2pm EST."

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened

** this post is now attached to initial post of the thread **

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paypal Promotion -- opt in dates are over, but you MIGHT be eligible

Eskimonio, thanks for the new information! I'll have to try that.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Re: Paypal Promotion -- opt in dates are over, but you MIGHT be eligible

Roger that, glad to help.

When I requested and email from the CSR, he did it without hesitation. Just remember to screen print the confirmation you get after registering via the email link. (I didn't get that particular screen screenshotted, but it's a fairly generic "Your registration has been accepted, now go SHOP to redeem your savings" display - it doesn't display your email/paypal account etc.)

If anyone happens to get a good ss of that screen and doesn't mind posting it, I'd be appreciative - otherwise, I think I have enough for substantiation.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I talked to a Paypal CSR, and she said "would you like me to send you the email?" Sure!, I said. I get the email...it was just terms and conditions of the promotion, and directed me to a link where I can check to see if I qualify. I typed in my Paypal account name and it said I do not qualify. :rant:

Here's the link about not qualifying. I heard that this promo was to get people to use Paypal more often....guess I use it too much!

https://paypal.promotionexpert.com/greatshopping/signup/200703_2/ineligible.html?route=ineligible

Did the CSR send you the actual invitation email, or just the one to go and check if you qualify?

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened
Make sure that the link your email contained had the same registration URL as the one I posted above (it's the same as listed below in the email I copied below as well.)

I had originally tried to type my email a few weeks ago into the standard registration page, but when I used the one in the email that was sent to me, I got a confirmation.

I didn't think to screenshot the confirm page, but it looked almost exactly like this one:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/430771221_3ac5160e6d_b.jpg

I followed the directions in the email below:

Hello my name is Guildem and you contacted PayPal with regard to our $15 Cash Rebate Promotion. Below is information about this promotion. The cash rebate PayPal email address opt-in dates are February 8, 2007 - February 15, 2007. To qualify for the $15.00 rebate, you must meet the following requirements:
· Have signed up for the Cash Rebate offer during open enrollment or through any other limited offer you may have received
· Single payment of $30.00 or more must have been made on eBay.com, eBay.ca or on merchants' sites in the US or Canada
· eBay.com and eBay.ca purchases must have been made through the eBay checkout flow via the eBay website and not through the PayPal send money tab · Purchases must have been made between 2/8/07 12:01 PST and 3/31/07 11:59 PST

To confirm your eligibility for this promotion, please go to https://www.paypal.com/spring07rebate and enter your PayPal address.

You will receive an instant notification informing you whether or not you qualify. For qualifying participants, the Cash Rebate will be deposited into the participants' PayPal accounts by May 28, 2007. Limit one registration and one $15 rebate per person and/or PayPal account. The following transactions are excluded from this Cash Rebate offer: Send Money transactions, payments to Personal accounts, eBay payments made to Personal accounts, donations, Text to Buy and payments for services. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

** note I've had a paypal account for a few years, but have used it rarely. It IS possible that is what allowed confirmation when I registered.

** It seems like they say you could register Feb 8-15 as open enrollment to anyone OR if you are invited via email, you can register as well. (My interpretation, anyway). **

If you have used the same links I've referenced and still no joy, a second call to PayPal might get you squared away...if it's worth the 15 stones.

Good Luck!

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried your link....it told me the same, I don't qualify. Thanks for trying to help me though! I may call them again to see what the qualifying criteria is. Thanks again.