Surefire E2L (new version)

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
Hello everyone, I need some assistenance/guidance. I've recently purchased a L2D-CE, Lumapower M1 Hunter, a cheap 10 dollar cree light from DX, rexlight 2.0, and a terralux MOD for a 3D mag. Don't have any yet but I guess they will all be bright as heck.

Here's my problem.

I have a Surefire E2L with the most current KL1 head (optics). I really like the light but I wish it were brighter and some spill would be nice. I really want to keep the light but with a bunch of new brighter lights coming my way, I'm affraid it'll end up not being used.

Here's my question.

Are there any cree mods I can buy? One that can just drop into a E2E head so i don't have to be a flashlight guru to do?

I've searched but have not found any clear answers so I'm hoping someone can chime in and point me in the right direction.

TIA.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings!

I don't know much about these LED versions, and I don't think there's a quick drop-in LED for the SF.Exx series, as of yet. The heads seem to be of one unit. But, you can purchase a different head online from Lighthound.com.

If you have the SureFire E2E (incandescent right?), check out the Lumens Factory for their drop-in extreme output series of lamp assemblies. These are available from same online dealer as above (I think) or Pacific Tactical Solutions.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Last edited:

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
Thanks CHC, I checked Lighthound.com but didn't find what I was looking for perhaps there's just no drop in for this. Guess I might have to sell it and wait for the new surefire lights.

Thanks again.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's fairly difficult to mod a KL1. Most of the trouble is in getting the darn head apart, let alone to do it without leaving a mark.

As for the E2E head, there are no drop-in Cree or Seoul upgrades right now. I saw a thread where an E2D head (very similar) was modded for a Seoul, but it was a farily involved process including boring out the reflector.

I think the best bet is to find the E2L a new home... WITH ME! :D

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upcoming E2L with a Cree XR-E will not be immensely brighter. Output has been raised to 45 lumens, but the primary focus for SF for the Outdoorsmen series E1L and E2L was to extend runtime. The upcoming E1L and E2L will not be much brighter, but will run for much longer. If you want bright from SF, the new L5 will be 120 lumens, but it's a lot larger than the E-series.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Theres several things you can do the KL1R mod with more info here (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121944)

And after that you can do what I did if you can soder the KL1R SSC mod
(http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=154447)

I have a beem shot of the KL1R VS E2E and KL1R SSC VS E2E in the secend link. I sent my KL1 to someone else with more experence to open for me as I didnt want to risk scraching it. grnamin opend mine and installed the new parts for me. I did the SSC mod myself. Hope this helps, the KL1 is a cool hed, theas mods make it much more usefull to me.

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
thats my problem... I carry enough stuff with me when I go camping/fishing and I'd much prefer a smaller light. I understand the new E2L wouldn't be alot brighter, I have my fingers crossed that they will do away with the optics. I understand the benefits of optics over reflectors but with optics, you can't see where you're stepping if you have the beam pointed anywhere else. My eyes are already set on the L5. still on the fench with the E2L. COME ON SUREFIRE!

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
KE7AYF said:
Theres several things you can do the KL1R mod with more info here (http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121944)

And after that you can do what I did if you can soder the KL1R SSC mod
(http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=154447)

I have a beem shot of the KL1R VS E2E and KL1R SSC VS E2E in the secend link. I sent my KL1 to someone else with more experence to open for me as I didnt want to risk scraching it. grnamin opend mine and installed the new parts for me. I did the SSC mod myself. Hope this helps, the KL1 is a cool hed, theas mods make it much more usefull to me.

Very Nice! this is something I'd like to have done as well... I'm not brave enough to do something like this. Know any modders that would do this for a fee?