• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD : Aleph 1 + DB917 SSC P4 + E2D Body or UBH + McTClicky

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Hello Folks, I have for sale the following item. Shipping is $7 please add this to your total. I will ship International. Please PM for details/price. Most likely it will be $10-$30 I will require you to pay for EMS. My wife does this for me (isn't she great!) and it is to her schedule. She is the one that has to stand in line to pay and fill out the custom form (cn-22 I think), so we don't want to get her :mad: ! Please email or PM for detail on international shipping (yes Canada is included with international shipping).

Items in bold are still for sale. If you want more pics please ask, I will provide within 28.6 hours!

Addition of an option for this light : I have a mint E2D body to go with this light in place of the UBH if you are interested. I have no pics at this time but can take some if you require. Price remains the same for either body.

1) Aleph 1 : $240: Aleph 1 HA black head with McR27 (shaved .030" off the emitter opening for SSCP4 focus), titanium Shoppe bezel, UBH body (http://www3.sympatico.ca/d.speck/UBH-Infopage/ for more info) , McTC tail cap with McClicky switch. Light engine included is a DB917 with a SSC P4 W0 (I vf I think, bought it from Fred before he ran out of the W0's). UBH body is complete with all spacers to run this off of 1, 2 or 3 cr123's or any combo that fits in their space...for example 2x17500, 3xrcr123, 1 or 2 rcr123, or 2xAA. Light engine was originally build by Don. One of it's previous owners appears to have had trouble removing it and used some pliers or some other type of tool on it and scratched up the E-can pretty badly removing some of it's "chrome" and leaving exposed brass. This did not affect performance at all. Originally it had a Lux3 T bin but has been replaced by me with an SSCP4. This replacement is a little different than most tho, probably the only one of it's kind. Instead of putting the .030" copper shim under the new emitter, I left it out for better thermal transfer. My solution to allowing the SSCP4 to go into the reflectors focus was to shave .030" off of the bottom (what little surface area that was lost was not going to be used anyway). Now, you may be wondering well, no big deal, but there is the problem of the negative contact from the body to the E-can's lip. To solve this problem I made a spacer or "washer" if you will, that was .030" thick with a slight sleeve that extended down for a little bit. I press fitted this onto the E-can to allow negative contact with the E-can. Pretty simple solution once you think about it. Better thermal transfer and still retain function! This light is hella bright! Images follow, please forgive my close up shots being out of focus. It is a well balanced light.

Picture below shows scratch mark from a previous owner dropping the head. The titanium bezel was added after the drop (no more head scratching!). There is a slight bend of the head at this point but does not affect beam quality or bezel removal.

Beautiful matching wrist lanyard (it's from a cellphone and says samsung on the little black tab near the tailcap). Lanyard included if you want or I can remove it.

Light engine underside showing some of the scratches on the E-can. Once again, this does not affect performance at all.

First post of "I'll take it" :takeit: will take precedence. I do not consider posts of "PM sent" or anything else of that nature to place a hold on an item. If you do not state I'll take it or :takeit: of some kind then the item is still open for purchase. Please state what you want. Please follow up the "I'll take it" with payment and an email/PM. Please send payment withing 12 hours of your posting of :takeit: Payment details are at the end of the post. Do not forget to include shipping price. Please inlude CPF username, form of payment, what item(s), and shipping address and anything else you require like insurance with your email/PM. Please search all my posts if you are unsure about my background. I have a jeer from a member who disagrees with my color recognition skills, please see my color rendition disclaimer below.

Insurance, tracking and anything else you may require is extra and should be asked for if you want it. I will not be held responsible for any loss after the post office accepts the item for delivery to you. I accept paypal of any kind, check or USPS money order.

Let me repeat the important part : Please inlude CPF username, form of payment, what item(s), and shipping address and anything else you require like insurance with your email/PM.

Color Rendition Disclaimer:
Any representation as to color of any particular item is generally taken from the original manufacturers literature on the item. I am no color expert, my eyes tell my brain, my brain tells my mouth/hand and your brain then receives that signal from your ears, after that I don't know what happens to it. I am providing pictures to better represent the items, if my interpretation of color is different than yours I cannot be held responsible. I also must say I consider Surefire's HA III OD (olive drab) to be GREEN! Generally all of their items they classify as HA III are of the OD (olive drab/green) variety. After being in the Army for a few years I am intimate with olive drab! There are many shades of olive drab, some people have told me it looks grey, but I do not believe them, my brain tells me it's green and I tend to believe my brain over another person, at least for now. As soon as Alzheimer's and/or dementia kicks in then who knows? (They both run in my family so I am expecting it and preparing for it by buying a motorcycle). :lolsign: :dedhorse:

If you do not think the item as received is just as I described it, please let me know. Most likely I will ask you to send it back to me and when I get it back, in the same condition I sent it to you in, then I will give you a full refund minus shipping and any PP fees.

If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask, but please do not think that posting of a question or a PM'd question will reserve for you. I don't like to say it so bluntly but I do not wish to disappoint anyone and want to be as upfront as possible.

Please send cash funded paypal to btoros (at) cavtel (dot) net (pay with cash funded paypal and get half price shipping!!! $243.50 total for US)
credit funded paypal to ctoros (at) cavtel (dot) net ($247 total for US)
Don't forget to include your CPF username and items you are paying for!
I'm gonna take a clue from FM here and repeat that last part...

Check or USPS money order to me at my address. Send me an email if you want to go this way and I will send you my address. I'd post it here but it is the world wide web ...

Communication is the Supreme Commander, I must listen as long as you talk (type)! :touche:! :sold:

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS : Aleph 1 + DB917 SSC P4 + UBH + McTClicky

Wish I had the money to buy back my old black A1 head... Bump for a great light at a good price.

schiesz

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ive been away for a while and missed the whole Soul/Cree craze. How much throw do you think youre getting out of that thing?

Ctechlite

Enlightened

I do believe that throw figures will be about the same, intensity of center hotspot and sidespill will however increase. It will probably illuminate an objetct to a greater extent at the same range as the Lux3, and "throw" will be increased because of this, but beam collimation (or whatever the correct term for a reflector is...) remains the same. I will try to get out tonight and get some beamshots, but I have no before pics so I don't know how useful it will be. I also need to figure out how to set my camera's settings, I usually just point and shoot :lolsign:

I can also take a lux reading with my meterman light meter at 1 meter at the same time.

Ctechlite

Enlightened

Evening bump before I head out to the shop to get some beam shots for yah. Will post them tomorrow. Almost forgot, have to dig out the meterman for a lux measurement.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

Consider a trade for a SureFire M3 plus SW02?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

would you consider selling me just the bezel ring + LE?

Ctechlite

Enlightened

Hey guys, thanks for the questions...
Mags, that sounds nice but I don't think I would be interested in that combo at this time.
BugLightGeek, I don't wish to split up at this time.

I would like to add to the initial post the option of a mint E2D body in place of the UBH.

Ctechlite

Enlightened

Ctechlite said:
Evening bump before I head out to the shop to get some beam shots for yah. Will post them tomorrow. Almost forgot, have to dig out the meterman for a lux measurement.

Forgot to tell what my meterman LM read, it was 3950 lux at 1 meter on some not exactly new batteries, but that should not matter much since it's regulated.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS : Aleph 1 + DB917 SSC P4 + E2D Body or UBH + McTClicky

:paypal:

OK, I can't take it any more. I'll take the light + the UBH + McTClicky. Paypal is sent.

Last edited:

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Re: FS : Aleph 1 + DB917 SSC P4 + E2D Body or UBH + McTClicky

:sold:
Chronos said:
:paypal:

OK, I can't take it any more. I'll take the light + the UBH + McTClicky. Paypal is sent.

Paypal received and shipping label printed out today. It will go out in tomorrows mail via USPS priority mail (insured too).

Thanks very much Chronos, and please let me know when you get the light.