Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a message of thanks to the brave souls of the CPF for putting up with my periodic posts that strive for humor.

I do that for a variety of reasons.

In particular:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>As you get older (like I am), you always vividly remember that that life is too short to take any part of it too seriously.
<LI>I`m an attorney with a full time practice specializing in real estate, business and municipal law. But I am also a judicial court commissioner, and on a regular basis set bail for persons charged with crimes in our communities.
<LI>The CPF`ers who are law enforcement officers will understand what I`m talking about, but that part of my job I try to do with a sense of dedication without any equal.
<LI>Today I set rather high bail for a person who randomly picked out a house to burglarize, and that person then proceeded to murder the elderly husband and wife who lived in the home and then took some of their belongings.<LI>And this is only one of many cases, and by no means the worst.[/list]

Without belaboring the point...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Enjoy your life...and don`t take it too seriously. Life is too short to ever do otherwise.<LI>Thank you for putting up with what may sometimes seem like excessive attempts at humorous posts. It`s just an effort to save my sanity.[/list]

Thank you...all of you.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
C.D.
I believe I too have mentioned in the past how much I enjoy the humor & comroderey on this board. TX

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Carpe Diem,

I hear you loud and clear. I too am a full time attorney practicing insurance defense.

During the day there are moments when lightheartedness can be disarming and helpful and during the rest of the day anything less than serious is inadequate.

After hours it's time to relax and shed some of the days headaches and hassles and I appreciate your humorous posts and the opportunity given by this BB to post as we do.

Humor allows me to keep things in perspective. As a fellow bar member, I'm sure you've heard countless stories of a seemingly large number of attorneys who hate their jobs and would like to do anything else. I'm just the exact opposite. I truly enjoy what I do and I like my work so much that I'd do it for free. Fortunately for my wife, I get paid but I'm sure you understand my point.

Humor helps far more than most people realize and I've found that if you don't have some hint of a sense of humor, you'll burn out quickly. To paraphrase from the movie Bladerunner, "The light that burns twice as bright only burns half as long." Oh, that sounds like my M3 and its HOLA!
smile.gif
grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:
I truly enjoy what I do and I like my work so much that I'd do it for free.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Jeff...

I agree.

It certainly beats working for a living.

smile.gif

MY

Enlightened
I had thought about being an attorney but I hate lawyers so I ended up being a law professor. Now isn't that a joke!

I am glad that I don't have a real job.
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carpe Diem:
Just a message of thanks to the brave souls of the CPF for putting up with my periodic posts that strive for humor.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Putting up with them? I come here mostly just to see what else you have to say! The intellect level and humor on this board are really unmatched. Thanks for being a big part of that, Mr. Carp.

I'm always proud to be your bull/man/Arc/God play thing.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carpe Diem:
In particular:
  • <LI>As you get older (like I am), you always vividly remember that that life is too short to take any part of it too seriously.
    Today I set rather high bail for a person who randomly picked out a house to burglarize, and that person then proceeded to murder the elderly husband and wife who lived in the home and then took some of their belongings.
  • <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    frown.gif

...Ok...so...ummm....did this guy, by any chance use a... flashlight?

:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Putting up with them? I come here mostly just to see what else you have to say! The intellect level and humor on this board are really unmatched. Thanks for being a big part of that, Mr. Carp.

I'm always proud to be your bull/man/Arc/God play thing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Darell!

smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
Originally posted by Carpe Diem:
[qb]Just a message of thanks to the brave souls of the CPF for putting up with my periodic posts that strive for humor.
In particular:
  • <LI>As you get older (like I am), you always vividly remember that that life is too short to take any part of it too seriously.
    Today I set rather high bail for a person who randomly picked out a house to burglarize, and that person then proceeded to murder the elderly husband and wife who lived in the home and then took some of their belongings.
  • <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    frown.gif

...Ok...so...ummm....did this guy, by any chance use a... flashlight?

:[/QB]

• Hi Ted...

I can`t really make much of a further comment on the case, but no flashlight was mentioned in the criminal complaint.

Take care.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackStraw:
Humor is always the best medicine. It is also one of the reasons I visit CPF - great info on flashlights + some good, harmless fun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and let's not forget the generosity of the members here! I can't believe how many "samples" offers I've been sent by the generous folks here (and you know who I'm talking about!)

I think it is time for a big group hug.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Group hugs are great!

And, coming from Wisconsin, I used to think that a firm handshake was as good as it could really get.

grin.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
a firm handshake was as good as it could really get
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes, without the right kind of protection, that's really as far as you'd want to go with some of the folks I see hanging around here.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Ever consider what a party of us would look like? For example, imagine visting the restroom. You'd walk in and it would be pitch black, except for the glow of UV lights. Then you'd hear things like, "Ew gross, hey check this out, what the heck is that, and of course - hey you've got a spot on your pants", plus all the laughter. Of course then there's the dining experience, cocktails by Arc light, long distance laser tag, and Scorpion fencing. Aw heck, I could go on & on....

Hey Carpe, chk your PM for an interesting msg of debauchery and perverse use of lights, I'm interested in your opinion.

(No,no that won't get anyone's attn.....)

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you imagine a CPF gathering or convention?

Apart from all the "mine's brighter than yours" jokes that would abound, imagine if someone walks into the no-doubt darkened room and says "Hey, can someone give some light over here?"
grin.gif

Graham

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackStraw:
Ever consider what a party of us would look like? For example, imagine visting the restroom. You'd walk in and it would be pitch black, except for the glow of UV lights. Then you'd hear things like, "Ew gross, hey check this out, what the heck is that, and of course - hey you've got a spot on your pants", plus all the laughter. Of course then there's the dining experience, cocktails by Arc light, long distance laser tag, and Scorpion fencing. Aw heck, I could go on & on....

Hey Carpe, chk your PM for an interesting msg of debauchery and perverse use of lights, I'm interested in your opinion.

(No,no that won't get anyone's attn.....)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY...HEY!

Remember...I`m from Wisconsin!

blush.gif
grin.gif
blush.gif

Edited PS: Try Darell, though. He lives in California, you know.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.