AAA vs. TSA

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
First I want to say that this is NOT a slam on the screening process of the TSA. I am all for our safety...

Here is the story...

Walked through the metal detector after a long day with my daughter at the pool. Beat and tired...guess what...it beeps. Check my pockets, nothing, walk through again.....

BEEP! :scowl:

"excuse me sir but you will have to go through some extra screening"

Me..." :rant: "

Ok...walking to the screening. Check my pockets. Guess what I find...my new ARC-p aaa. DARN.

10 minutes later...done screening and on my way.

The price for prepareness right??? :ohgeez:

I just had to share...

flash_bang

Enlightened
uhhhhhhhhhh, what was the point of that? And why is there a metal detector by the pool? With a TSA agent at it, no less. Anyways, that could have been an M16 or something, so yeah.
have a good one,
Flash

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
an aaa battery: $0.70

an arc aaa: $50 +++

having to be treated with extreme caution: priceless.

for everything else there is mastercard.

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
At the airport...

Came from a resort...

Got frisked by the TSA agents...

It was my flashlights fault...

The end... :grin2:

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Hey BladeDogg, nice to see ya here!
Why dontcha stay awhile, you can spend your knife money on torches!
daloosh

BladeDogg

Newly Enlightened
daloosh said:
Hey BladeDogg, nice to see ya here!
Why dontcha stay awhile, you can spend your knife money on torches!
daloosh

Sad to say, I am already spending all my extra dough on lights... :ohgeez: :sold:

83Venture

Enlightened
TSA Story:

When my buddy shipped out to Afghanistan his outfit went out through BWI airport. They were walking through the airport completely outfitted to get on the plane. He is the Top Sergeant and was in the lead. TSA made him go through the metal detector, BEEP. Guess the M16 set it off. Send him back through, BEEP guess it did not like the 240 rounds of ammo. They let these stay on the far side as checked OK. :ironic:

Sent him back and told to take off his blouse and shoes and go through again. BEEP - does not like the Leatherman and they want to take that. M16 & and ammo is checked through ok but they want his Leatherman? :ohgeez: His outfit is a combat engineer group and all this is part of there loadout and they are not allowed to give up any of it.

He had to get the TSA supervisor and talk to him :twak: and explain they could not have all the gear from everybody. An uphill battle but they finally let them get on the plane without confiscating anything. Even then, allowing M16s, ammo, lights, Leathermans, knifes and everything else through they still made them take off there blouses and shoes for inspection. This puts them in violation of the "Out of uniform" Regs.
This improves flight safety? :wtf:

FUBAR

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's insane - or that's a TSA guard that just want's to confiscate a Leatherman for his own. What an idiot - like the Sgt. couldn't hijack a plane with an M16 but he could with a Leatherman. :ohgeez:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I passed through TSA security without setting off the metal detectors twice last year while wearing an Arc AAA-P on a stainless steel ball neckchain.

Flashlight Enthusiast
One time a had pants with lots of metal buckles for the pockets, it set them off. Hell I coulda hid a half ton of metal in my pockets they didn't even check. :do'h: they certainly don't have too much common sense.

perado

Newly Enlightened

I flew from Tucson to Reagan National in DC with no problem. Getting back through security at Dulles, I had my B60 lit up to show what it was, but they wanted to give me a hard time about the bezel being a weapon. The TSA screener finally let me on, but the idea that that bezel is going to allow anyone to commandeer an aircraft is purely silly. (and no, those little Ansos were not with it.)

firefly99

Enlightened
83Venture said:
TSA Story:

When my buddy shipped out to Afghanistan his outfit went out through BWI airport. They were walking through the airport completely outfitted to get on the plane. He is the Top Sergeant and was in the lead. TSA made him go through the metal detector, BEEP. Guess the M16 set it off. Send him back through, BEEP guess it did not like the 240 rounds of ammo. They let these stay on the far side as checked OK. :ironic:

Sent him back and told to take off his blouse and shoes and go through again. BEEP - does not like the Leatherman and they want to take that. M16 & and ammo is checked through ok but they want his Leatherman? :ohgeez: His outfit is a combat engineer group and all this is part of there loadout and they are not allowed to give up any of it.

He had to get the TSA supervisor and talk to him :twak: and explain they could not have all the gear from everybody. An uphill battle but they finally let them get on the plane without confiscating anything. Even then, allowing M16s, ammo, lights, Leathermans, knifes and everything else through they still made them take off there blouses and shoes for inspection. This puts them in violation of the "Out of uniform" Regs.
This improves flight safety? :wtf:

FUBAR

Strange!!

The last time I was deploy to oversea location. My unit was transport to the airport. On reaching the airport, we enter by a service entrance and driven up to a chartered 747. There was no TSA check on our equipments.
Why is TSA agents checking on military personnels ?

83Venture

Enlightened
He has been home for over a year and a half now so it was about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago? He was ready to retire but they tossed out the "Stop Loss" order and he had to stay in. Not sure why transport was handled that way. It seemed like for a while they were pushing troops over as fast as they could get them on something that would fly.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was simple fortunately.

I carry on a good compliment of my photo gear and sometimes, no worries, other
times they do a bag inspection to verify. US airports by far are the most "detailed" so by the time they've checked all the laptops, and such, the tolerance is pretty low.

Flashlights, have yet to be an issue for me here or when flying international to destinations in Japan. (I like Japanese airports.)

swampgator

Enlightened
firefly99 said:
Strange!!
The last time I was deploy to oversea location. My unit was transport to the airport. On reaching the airport, we enter by a service entrance and driven up to a chartered 747. There was no TSA check on our equipments.
Why is TSA agents checking on military personnels ?

During Desert Storm my unit (MPs) deployed via commercial. Though TSA didn't exist they still walked thru metal detectors. Every guy would hand over his m-16 and m-9 then walk thru only to be handed back his weapons.

Another stupid TSA moment I've shared before:
Law Enforcement has always been able to travel armed while in uniform after taking a class from the FAA. A buddy is a state officer at state HQ and due to traveling all over the state, often flies. One day not long after 9/11 he's in line and clears TSA only to be told, "sir, you can't take that on board."
He tells them that he's cleared to carry his service weapon. "No sir, that's fine, but you can't carry that knife on board."

Go figure.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont get it. Are you guys saying that they are allowed to carry LOADED arms a board but not knifes and multitools??:huh2:
If so that's both hilarious and depressing. Gotta love bureacracy...

swampgator

Enlightened
Lobo said:
I dont get it. Are you guys saying that they are allowed to carry LOADED arms a board but not knifes and multitools??:huh2:
If so that's both hilarious and depressing. Gotta love bureacracy...

Yeah, this was right after 9/11. TSA actually said he couldn't get on with his pocket knife, but they had no problem with his S&W 5906, 2 extra mags, and ASP baton.

But as you know, knives are dangerous!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
swampgator said:
Yeah, this was right after 9/11. TSA actually said he couldn't get on with his pocket knife, but they had no problem with his S&W 5906, 2 extra mags, and ASP baton.

But as you know, knives are dangerous!

LOL
That got to be the best job ever if you're a knifenut!